Heck of a trout bite today

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Heard about 3 inshore tournaments taking place today in the areas I fish. Rather than deal with the madness this morning, I opted for an afternoon solo mission. The boats had cleared and my plan worked out....caught 18 on the skitterwalk. All keeper size with 4 19-20”.

8FDA655C-EAAA-4BF4-82C2-C4F2939F3B81.jpeg

Last edited:

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
A slow start turned out to be a decent day of fishing. Had a friend and his son with me today. Wound up with a good topwater catch - 13 trout, 2 rock, 1 puppy drum, 2 bluefish. My pal’s son caught both bluefish on a topwater plug at same time. My buddy topped it off with a helluva trout. You may not recognize him with his sunglasses on.

DAF6C011-37E6-453A-963D-67F41DC683A3.jpeg

darenative

Twelve Pointer
A slow start turned out to be a decent day of fishing. Had a friend and his son with me today. Wound up with a good topwater catch - 13 trout, 2 rock, 1 puppy drum, 2 bluefish. My pal’s son caught both bluefish on a topwater plug at same time. My buddy topped it off with a helluva trout. You may not recognize him with his sunglasses on.

View attachment 52005
Dang nice trout🤘

redbow

Ten Pointer

View attachment 52005
Very nice!

PTman

Four Pointer
i havent ever fished for trout this early in year but decided to give it a try yesterday. we ended up with about 20 fish for the day w/ 5 keepers up to 19". the wind picked up much more than i thought which made things a little tougher. im going out with a guide tomorrow to hopefully learn a little more and some different area to give me some more options. the water was warmer than i thought it would be at 73 in the afternoon

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
My son and I fished this weekend and did ok. Didn't find many trout, but the ones we did catch were nice. Kept enough to eat.
KY1uRok.jpg

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Pretty good Sunday afternoon on the water with my daughter and brother. 14 Trout, 1 Pup, 1 Flounder, 1 Striper, 1 Bluefish and a scrappy Pin Fish that hit a MR 17. My daughter caught the big fish of the day at 22". She was released. We kept a few to eat. Fun day in great weather.
bfTWuta.jpg

ILfYBzN.jpg

ZipFQs3.jpg

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Took a customer friend with me this morning. Wrapped up at noon w a dozen trout, 1 puppy drum, 1 flounder and 3 trophy class pinfish that ate mirrolure 17mr. We released all our fish, although most were nice fish in the 16-18” range. I got lucky and caught a pretty fat one....24-1/2”.

1575C105-B597-498C-841B-5FBB31C0BCEC.jpeg

Last edited:

redbow

Ten Pointer
Took a customer friend with me this morning. Wrapped up at noon w a dozen trout, 1 puppy drum, 1 flounder and 3 trophy class pinfish that ate mirrolure 17mr. We released all our fish, although most were nice fish in the 16-18” range. I got lucky and caught a pretty fat one....24-1/2”.

View attachment 53037
Nice work! Funny you mentioned pin fish. Last week I caught two on a popping cork that were both pushing a pound. Biggest I've ever seen.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

View attachment 53037
Damn boy, you need to fish more and work less. You've aged since we've seen each other. I don't reckon I classify as a business client anymore :(

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Heck our trout are so spread out in my neck of the woods, we went back to sheapshead fishing. 🥴
I'm certainly not a seasoned veteran. I do know a few guys that are really catching them(not well enough apparently), but most guys are having to work pretty hard for a limit.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
I'm certainly not a seasoned veteran. I do know a few guys that are really catching them(not well enough apparently), but most guys are having to work pretty hard for a limit.
Yea, we were having to cover a lot of ground to really get on em. They were hardly ever where we left em the day before. It got to the point where the juice wasnt worth the squeeze so to speak considering you know where they'll be after a couple more cold fronts.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
As bad as I wanted to go this past weekend, I didn't. I just haven't heard of any overly impressive catches lately. I'm supposed to take a customer this Friday, weather pending, so we'll see how that goes. Solunar forecast is excellent Fri-Sun this week......if you believe in that sort of thing. ;)