Heck of a trout bite today

dstubbsunc

Eight Pointer
Caught 17 over 16” in an hour & 1/2 from shore Thursday morning 9:30 to 11. Kept one 18” and 3 over 19” ... 22” was the largest. Caught 3 keepers yesterday at the same spot, wind hurt my bite yesterday! Third cast was a 4.14lbs, so that made the morning, the other two were 17 to 18”. Kept the 4.14 threw the others back. All fish caught on my favorite colored mirrolure!

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
Caught 17 over 16” in an hour & 1/2 from shore Thursday morning 9:30 to 11. Kept one 18” and 3 over 19” ... 22” was the largest. Caught 3 keepers yesterday at the same spot, wind hurt my bite yesterday! Third cast was a 4.14lbs, so that made the morning, the other two were 17 to 18”. Kept the 4.14 threw the others back. All fish caught on my favorite colored mirrolure!

That's some good shore fishing right there. What county?

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
There are some big specks out there. An 8 pounder was caught beside of my buddy this week in small creek off of pamlico. And heard of a 7lb caught around Belhaven.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
small and large.
shallow and deep.
brackish, not so brackish.
clean water, muddy water.
they're basically everywhere.

Yeah, my buds had a good day today a few miles inshore of Wrightsville Beach...1-2 lbs. Speck fish fry tomorrow

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
My nephew caught this one last week...I taught him well!!! LOL. :)

Doubt I'll be able to slip out and go for a while......dang it. Nice fish there....tell your nephew to hide his fingers for pics....will make that 20" trout look a lot bigger!!!
:D

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Any of you boys, or any body you know, go trout fishing yesterday or today?

Wondering if they’ve started moving out to bigger water yet.

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
Any of you boys, or any body you know, go trout fishing yesterday or today?

Wondering if they’ve started moving out to bigger water yet.

Went Friday am. Caught 35 by 10am. 2 people fishing. Lots of small fish. Water depth 5’ or less. Half fish were <12”. Very aggressive bite

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
If someone would let me know of, PM if wanted , a general area boat launch I could access fish by paddling kayak .
You'd be helping an 'old' rookie out . I have never caught a drum or flounder and once a few small trout. thanks

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
There are hundreds of places for you to launch a kayak in Pamlico, Craven, Hyde, Beaufort, Carteret Counties that would allow access to potentially good trout fishing right now. I’m not a kayak fisherman, but if I were I’d be looking for bridges that cross brackish water creeks that are anywhere from 3-8’ deep.

Edward

Four Pointer
Found them in about 4.5 to 6 ft of water Sunday morning was slow but caught a limit. Some people out there were killing it just not my day.

la angler

Six Pointer
Water temperature was 61 and the water was clear NE wind at 10 to 15 knots made fishing some areas challenging