Heck of a trout bite today

PTman

Four Pointer
nice, we didnt find the x today. fished out of oriental and only caught 10, with 2 keepers

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Fished Friday afternoon in Hyde Co in a spot that has produced all summer and recently. Got skunked for first time all year, but was stubbornly committed to throwing topwater only. Had 5 bites....pulled off 2, missed 3.

Fished in Hyde Co again Saturday. We caught 30 trout w only 5 being short, 4 stripers, 1 puppy drum....by noon. Caught 29/30 trout on 17’s....1/30 on top.

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They were hitting swimming plastics hard in Dawsons Creek yesterday. A friend asked me to go but I had to go to PT. He brought me 3 really nice keepers, one of which was turned into supper last night. Mighty good eatin'......

Reactions: Rye

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Some whoppers have been caught over the last 10 days. Hearing good reports including a lot of 22-24" fish, and several fish in the 26-29" range. Going to take the day off tomorrow and see if I can get on 'em. Going to be a beautiful day....light NE breeze, 70*, mostly sunny.....doesn't get much better.

Higgins

Ten Pointer
I'm glad somebody got on them today cause I sure didn't, the only fish I caught was a descent size rock.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
We did ok yesterday. Had to work for them. 7 pups, 1 flounder, and 9 trout. Fortunately 5 of them were keepers between 17-20’’.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Caught them pretty good Saturday morning. Had father/son guests with me who had never been trout fishing. Managed to catch 18 trout, 1 puppy drum by noon. Trout were 17-22” fat fish.

Took a customer buddy yesterday morning, but the bite was a little slow. Caught 9 trout 17-20”, 1 puppy drum by 11:00.9B1EE8D2-CDDB-4B53-BB98-27B83238DDF8.jpeg36F0FB4D-EFD1-4F18-B82A-7AD4C3831001.jpeg

Last edited:

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Quality over quantity fishing this morning. 7 trout, 2 stripers. 4 came on topwater. All were nice fat fish, including my nephew’s personal best 25-1/2” trout......updated after weighing on official scale....5.2 lbs. Would have preferred to release her, but she swallowed the lure so deep that the surgical procedure for hook removal didn’t end well for her.

9CDEE849-09B2-4167-9430-DAFE6BC581F3.jpeg

Last edited:

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^ dang nice speck right there.
We fished sunday and caught our best fish on mr's. Water is still a little warm and the fish were not exactly where they typically are this time of year. Few more cold snaps and it should start getting right

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Went solo Saturday morning. Couldn't decide if I wanted to deer hunt or trout fish so made the call when I woke up. LOL... Caught 33 trout, 11 fish that were keeper size. Biggest fish was 20 1/2". Fun morning, done by lunch.
KynBn13.jpg

aufTs7r.jpg

Talked my son into going Sunday morning and the bite was slower, but the fish quality overall was much better. We ended up catching 21 Trout and 1 Flounder. Biggest fish was a nice pair of 20"ers.
nE06lGQ.jpg

mXeDZvQ.jpg

pxw6awt.jpg

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Not much to it.
Fish, filleted or headed scaled and gutted, little butter, potatoes, onions, a can of whole peeled tomatoes, and what ever other veggies you want to add. Top with 3 or 4 strips of bacon and a little water added to keep it from drying out, season to taste. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour on 375° covered in foil. Last 10 minutes cook on broil to crisp the bacon and add shredded cheese when it comes out of the oven.

redbow

Ten Pointer
And the bite goes on. Me and a friend fished Monday and Tuesday and put 71 in the boat without a single undersized fish. All were caught on 17mrs, pink with white sides.

Last edited: