Heck of a trout bite today

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Nice day of fishing. Plenty of drum and trout.
vTjhOyX.jpg

7ZXmkFm.jpg

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
Has anyone been out lately? Plans right now are to head out Friday and Sat morning for some inshore bite.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
^^We fished a couple day ago. Bite was just ok but not great on my end. It's been more of a early morning/late afternoon bite with the water temps. Getting a limit of specks hasn't required to much effort, but we have not fished as hard as we normally do because of the dang wind. Plenty of slot size drum around too.

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
^^We fished a couple day ago. Bite was just ok but not great on my end. It's been more of a early morning/late afternoon bite with the water temps. Getting a limit of specks hasn't required to much effort, but we have not fished as hard as we normally do because of the dang wind. Plenty of slot size drum around too.
Thanks. Yea the wind had me cancel a couple trips this year with my boat size.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
My Son and I went out in that blow yesterday and managed to catch our limit in Trout and caught a few slot and under slot reds. Had to grind to find bites. Never really got "into" them at any spot. One positive was our class of fish was 18-22". We kept enough to eat and released the rest including the 22". Not bad considering the conditions. We got a late start, so I'm guessing we missed the morning bite. Either way, any day is a good day when I can spend it with my Son.

WaZsQOQ.jpg

qqCWIKU.jpg

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My neighbor and I took his Skiff on a trip to the coast this past weekend and limited out each day. Friday the wind was lightest and the limit came easily. Saturday the wind picked up considerably, and it was a bit of a grind out there. Sunday brought the same conditions as Saturday, but we knew what we were doing a bit more, and got it done again. No huge trout, but Friday was a 50+ fish day. The keys were an early start and staying out of the wind.

Popping Cork.jpgSpook.jpg

darenative

Twelve Pointer
My Son and I went out in that blow yesterday and managed to catch our limit in Trout and caught a few slot and under slot reds. Had to grind to find bites. Never really got "into" them at any spot. One positive was our class of fish was 18-22". We kept enough to eat and released the rest including the 22". Not bad considering the conditions. We got a late start, so I'm guessing we missed the morning bite. Either way, any day is a good day when I can spend it with my Son.

WaZsQOQ.jpg

qqCWIKU.jpg
Looks like yall were dodging squalls all day.
By the time they got to our end of the sound, they had 55-60 mph winds in em from 3-6 pm. Crap was rough and bad looking behind the house yesterday.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like yall were dodging squalls all day.
By the time they got to our end of the sound, they had 55-60 mph winds in em from 3-6 pm. Crap was rough and bad looking behind the house yesterday.

We were 15 miles from the ramp when that squall showed up wet looking. One quick look at the radar and he headed for the hill. Got there about 3:30. It was sporty. 🤓