Heck of a trout bite today

bigdrumnc

Six Pointer
Like i said it's a bit outside my box but everything I'm seeing on the models point to a +pna a -nao and a cross polar flow......one of the best patterns I've seen in a couple of years if it happens. The GFS already has a small storm over us in 8 or 9 days but it will change around alot I'm sure.
No snow for sound or obx

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve not been much this winter for various reason, but not complaining. A few reports of decent catches but a whole lot more griping about no to few fish. Some big ones around on this side of the sound, but very few scattered fish.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I’m no meteorologist by any means and I don’t have access to any fancy software, but every weather app I have shows a very mild end of January and month of February.....as in 50’s and 60’s by day, mid-30’s at night. I honestly have a hard time trusting any forecast beyond 24-48 hrs, but I sure hope my apps are correct!

Shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I’m no meteorologist by any means and I don’t have access to any fancy software, but every weather app I have shows a very mild end of January and month of February.....as in 50’s and 60’s by day, mid-30’s at night. I honestly have a hard time trusting any forecast beyond 24-48 hrs, but I sure hope my apps are correct!
The models have been shaky at best with this pattern change. Run to run continuity was bad and as we.now get closer they getting colder and colder.

I still think we see a solid 2 to 4 week of pretty strong cold weather.

Shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
The cold weather will come after duck season, and just in time to kill all the trout. They will close Trout, on top of the striper and flounder. The slot pups will take a beating, and then there will be nothing left. The End. Close the thread.
Probably pretty true

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
The cold weather will come after duck season, and just in time to kill all the trout. They will close Trout, on top of the striper and flounder. The slot pups will take a beating, and then there will be nothing left. The End. Close the thread.
Damn man. Sounds like I should be shopping for a Chaparral instead of a bay boat. :skeerd::panic: