Heck of a trout bite today

darenative

Twelve Pointer
We fished monday afternoon and it was slow. Water looked like creamed coffee in the creeks from the extreme tidal fluctuation from the blow last weekend. I'll give a few more days before I try it again

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
That belhaven bite continues. Spoke with a friend there this am. Asked if he was trout fishing he said he was so we cut short our conversation but i did ask if he had caught any on that no action, ugly assed, mirrolure. Inside joke with a few of us.
He replied that they had caught around 40 on it this morning. This was at 10:30. I am very jealous.
I would wish you trout guys luck but i think right now all you may need is time.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
That belhaven bite continues. Spoke with a friend there this am. Asked if he was trout fishing he said he was so we cut short our conversation but i did ask if he had caught any on that no action, ugly assed, mirrolure. Inside joke with a few of us.
He replied that they had caught around 40 on it this morning. This was at 10:30. I am very jealous.
I would wish you trout guys luck but i think right now all you may need is time.

Electric Chicken???

Edward

Four Pointer
I tried paddle tail z-mans the other day and nothing. My favorite is the broken glass style mirror lures, have had great luck on those myself. It just really hurts the wallet when it gets snagged and i cant save it.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
These are articulated with a hook front and back...

567232cd2f6679ded538c9ecb4e77d5a.jpg
258b32885dfd2c0d2ed706256bee1326.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
The trout assault continues. Had a good afternoon yesterday in a “new to me” spot on the Pamlico.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Any of you boys that fish Hyde county know a fella that runs a white 19 carolina skiff, minnkota trolling motor, and a 90 honda? Drives a white Tundra..

Edward

Four Pointer
Trout bite was a little slow yesterday still managed a get limit but caught some smaller ones than in past few trips, you could hardly get a spot without people running thru where you were fishing at. Come to figure out if you break out the net in eyesight of any boat they were on top of you in a few minutes.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Trout bite was a little slow yesterday still managed a get limit but caught some smaller ones than in past few trips, you could hardly get a spot without people running thru where you were fishing at. Come to figure out if you break out the net in eyesight of any boat they were on top of you in a few minutes.
all that water and still a problem finding a spot to fish. Yikes.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Can’t say that I do.

Nevertheless, my interest is peaked.
Id like to apologize for cussing him out yesterday while trout fishing in a creek. I know without a doubt he hasnt been properly trained on the finer points of trout fishing etiquette in creeks in eastern NC and it showed. He has inexperience as his excuse for poor boat handling and poor judgement in tight quarters. I can normally overlook stupidity but i just couldnt keep my mouth shut yesterday.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bite was good all last week here in the creeks. Friends of mine caught 40 in 2 1/2 hours one day, lots of doubles, and kept two limits. We caught ten the next day in about the same time trying different waters. 4 were released, too close to worry about when they're that plentiful.....
Laughing, my buddy purely smoked me Thursday, he had 5 before I caught one! He was fishing hard baits, I usually prefer plastics. They were almost snatching his rod out of his hand....

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bite was good all last week here in the creeks. Friends of mine caught 40 in 2 1/2 hours one day, lots of doubles, and kept two limits. We caught ten the next day in about the same time trying different waters. 4 were released, too close to worry about when they're that plentiful.....
Laughing, my buddy purely smoked me Thursday, he had 5 before I caught one! He was fishing hard baits, I usually prefer plastics. They were almost snatching his rod out of his hand....
It still worked out good for you, I saw the results. LOL

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It still worked out good for you, I saw the results. LOL
True that! I had gotten injections in both shoulders the week before, that's the first time I'd even been able to cast a rod in two months.....
When you got buddies who'll make sure you always have fresh fish you've got great friends.....

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Id like to apologize for cussing him out yesterday while trout fishing in a creek. I know without a doubt he hasnt been properly trained on the finer points of trout fishing etiquette in creeks in eastern NC and it showed. He has inexperience as his excuse for poor boat handling and poor judgement in tight quarters. I can normally overlook stupidity but i just couldnt keep my mouth shut yesterday.

I know what you mean. I was fishing a spot Sunday afternoon and had 500 yards of available marsh bank ahead and behind me. Had a pontoon boat roll up 75 yds ahead of me, full throttle to 50 yds from bank throwing wake up onto the marsh. The only reason that guy didn’t get a cussing was because he had a 8-10 yr old boy with him.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I know what you mean. I was fishing a spot Sunday afternoon and had 500 yards of available marsh bank ahead and behind me. Had a pontoon boat roll up 75 yds ahead of me, full throttle to 50 yds from bank throwing wake up onto the marsh. The only reason that guy didn’t get a cussing was because he had a 8-10 yr old boy with him.

I don’t understand why people do that? Common courtesy isn’t so common these days. I’ve been known to crank up and get right back in front of them just to prove a point.

Edward

Four Pointer
Common courtesy goes out the door when fishing it seems, the other day while we were out there had a boat cruise between us and the shore where we were fishing. Didn't say nothing then as they got by went to start casting again and had one of them yell to us he had a line off the back of boat. Ended up they were trolling a popping cork about 25 ft behind their boat.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Yep. The guy in my post above motored/churned past us in a dead end creek at fast idle, got 100' ahead of me and deployed the trolling motor leaving the area around us a muddy mess. We left the creek and were fishing a point outside the same creek and 5 minutes later the guy is on top running out of the creek, sees us and runs 65- 75' ahead of us and kills the engine and deploys the trolling motor. That's about the time I could feel the vein in my forehead popping out and couldn't keep my mouth shut. The guy actually looked shocked that someone had balls enough to say something to him about it.
I've been fishing those same creeks for the better part of 40 years and it's only the second entitled DB that I've had to interact with.