Heck of a trout bite today

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve not been able to go since 10/23. Looking forward to an attempted trout assault this weekend and a few days next week. Counting on this week’s cool weather finally moving them back into the creeks. Anybody here really gotten on them recently?

darenative

Ten Pointer
^^ ours seem to be working into the creeks when the tide pushes in the bait. Water temp aint quite cold enough to keep em in there full time in our winter spots. Seems like the points and sloughs not to far from our wintering areas are holding more than the creeks are at this time. We need another 6° or 8° drop in water temp on my end to get things reliable.

redbow

Ten Pointer
I fished last week and struggled to catch 5 or 6 a day. Just too much freshwater from the rain. Hopefully no rain, NE wind and cooler temps will push them in.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Beautiful November day in ENC. After 10 days of Covid isolation I was chomping at the bit to get out. Did a solo mission as I figured no one would want to risk Covid for a few trout. Caught 21 trout, not a single one was short. I sure wish I had a partner with me today. Caught my biggest 28” 6.4 lbs and an hour later got another one to the boat that i honestly think was bigger. Netting a 28-30” trout solo ain’t easy. After feeling one hook pull, I had one decent shot with the net but couldn’t get it done. Fish made another hard run and pulled the last hooks. Oh well, thankful for the other big girl, great fishing, and beautiful day!

2B0042D0-D80C-4714-A8D2-AF56063C747D.jpeg4B9E8FEF-3AD3-4DD4-9A63-854A855783D7.jpeg

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Nice!!! We were hoping to get to Little Washington before Thanksgiving but it didn't happen...My buddy says they aren't doing that well, yet....Trying to be patient... :)