Heck of a trout bite today

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Haven’t inshore fished in a couple weeks....been bottom fishing and near shore trolling. Been getting some good reports though. Yesterday a buddy caught 10 trout on topwater including a 24 incher, 3 24-27” striper, 5 slot drum, a bunch of flounder, and broke off 2 big drum on the western bank of the Pamlico Sound.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Once the cool down starts and they move back up the Pamlico a bit will have to spend a long weekend with my brother in law and sister in Little Washington... :)

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Dang redbow. I need your work schedule! Looks like you’re fishing back in a creek in some dark water.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Heck,I've never caught a Flounder, Sea Trout, or a Red Drum in my life !
I'm envious of ALL these pictures.... and of what could be put on the plate afterwards !!!

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Had a pretty good morning with my nephew again. Put in and made our run in the dark. When we got close to the spot and I cut the outboard, we couldn’t see it but immediately heard bait flipping all around us. We started fishing at 5:45., and by 7:15 we had 14 trout and a drum before the bite petered out. We probably had 50 topwater bites between us. Very weak, nonaggressive bites. We only had a couple fish come back on our lures a second time after the first weak attempt. Fun but frustrating at the same time. We caught four more trout a little while later and then ran a few miles searching for big drum on bait balls. We found a few promising signs and tried the popping cork for a while with no luck. All in all, a good morning.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Helluva morning with a good buddy. Some of you guys probably recognize him. :) Caught 27 trout, 2 drum on topwater. We caught 23”, 25”, and 28.5” trout. Missed/pulled off 4 more in the same class. Most big trout I’ve ever seen in one trip. Lots of nice trout exploding on balls of menhaden and finger mullet. Good stuff.

74AA88F5-E6FD-49CB-999C-5B7BD77D18F3.jpeg87B7EADB-6BFE-42A3-98AB-5DC592A7126C.jpegDBEF5E47-D2F7-4FB0-AD42-BB85E83555E7.jpeg