Heck of a trout bite today

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Great day on the water with my girls. They did more sun bathing than fishing but they both hooked and caught one trout each on 17mr lures. They reeled in a few more, and netted several. Happy to have them to myself today...good daddy-daughter time. Wound up with 16 trout, 1 puppy drum.

8097A852-E8B9-4EE6-8BC5-DA0355555C00.jpeg

42A05811-B48B-4784-BF91-D7495F8260B5.jpeg

648A4D48-65A1-4E1D-8C8F-D0FAD59F3329.jpeg

Last edited:

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
My dad “Mo” [emoji3590]
b37c24a4c78d4fa0f02bc7d5a15b0275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Wanted to topwater fish first light this morning but opted to sleep in instead. Stayed home, cooked breakfast and watched our church service on television before picking up Buxndux after lunch. We braved the wind and fished from around 1:45 to 6:30. The difficult conditions and lack of bites had me ready to head for the hill around 4:30. Bux talked me into sticking it out, so we made a 2-3 mile run to try a spot neither of us have ever fished. Glad we did. Once we finally found the fish, we caught 12 with 10 of them being really nice fish. Caught 2 pigs, one being a 25 incher that was released to continue her spawning. Brought home a two man limit that are destined for the fryer one night soon.

3F996D77-E69F-4475-83FC-9D212E88CE23.jpeg

E1E84804-7AD9-477F-ADEC-DD8B6B8F12D6.jpeg

F4F183D1-EEA2-46DE-B317-632DC3B287F0.jpeg

42EBB821-3CBA-4AC3-94B0-19644B455B73.jpeg

la angler

Six Pointer
Good that you stuck it out those are some nice fish. My fish were a little off on Saturday but had 7 keepers a lot of boat traffic looked like a fourth of July weekend!

Edward

Four Pointer
I swear it was like a boat parade this past Sunday in Durham Creek, they were piling in like it was the only place to fish. It was a little slow at first but stuck it out and caught a few nice ones. Then fished around Dinah's Landing for awhile and caught a few there to. Went back home and had fish sandwiches for supper.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Nice!!!

I was planning to visit my brother in law a couple of more times this spring in Little Washington but changed my plans...Fishing again with the wife, just her and me, it's been 41 years since we did this... :)

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We caught one nice 22" trout up Goose creek yesterday after lunch, a couple of shorts, and the biggest bowfin I've ever seen. Best of all it, was a gorgeous day to be on the water if you could find a spot out of the wind...

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
We caught one nice 22" trout up Goose creek yesterday after lunch, a couple of shorts, and the biggest bowfin I've ever seen. Best of all it, was a gorgeous day to be on the water if you could find a spot out of the wind...

Which Goose Creek are you referring to?

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Gotcha. I wasn’t even thinking of that one. Was thinking the one in Washington (Dinah’s Landing) or the one between Aurora and Lowland.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
In 1/2 day(or less) of fishing, I burned $42 worth of gas and caught 1 16” Trout. Lol. So much for trying new spots. 🙄

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Did my part to social distance myself from the majority by fishing solo today. Beautiful Palm Sunday on the water. Caught 27 nice fish including a 24-1/2 incher.

View attachment 43035
Nice🤘

Ever thought about getting the minn kota micro remote?
Personally, i cant stand having the weight of the full size remote hanging on my neck all day..fww

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Never even heard of the micro-remote. Does it have all the same controls and digital screen?
No, it just has the basic functions..speed, direction, on, off, anchor lock..no display.
It's about 1/4 the size of the full size remote.
I keep both remotes on the boat, but use the micro unless i need the advanced functions of the full size remote

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Weatherman missed by a mile today. Forecast was 5-10 WSW......blew 15 from every direction all day. Long day of fishing to catch 19 trout, 2 drum, 1 striper and a 6 lb catfish. First cat I’ve ever caught on a MR17.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
The epic trout bite has taken a dive the last couple of weeks based on my experience, and those that I trade reports with on a regular basis. Anyone here had respectable catches in the last 10 days or so?

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Getting the same report from my brother in law in Little Washington...He thinks they have moved back out towards the Pamlico...

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Getting the same report from my brother in law in Little Washington...He thinks they have moved back out towards the Pamlico...

When fishing on the Pamlico River, me and those that I keep in touch with all fish well East of Washington. Poor fishing everywhere last 2 weeks on both sides of the Pamlico in Beaufort, Hyde, and Pamlico Counties.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
There's been a decent bite on this end when the weather has been fishable. It's just been hard to get the weather right to chase em for more than an afternoon. Mainly 16-20" fish with a few big fish in the mix. Lots of just short drum and a few rock around too.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
There's been a decent bite on this end when the weather has been fishable. It's just been hard to get the weather right to chase em for more than an afternoon. Mainly 16-20" fish with a few big fish in the mix. Lots of just short drum and a few rock around too.

Have heard about some big trout being caught up your way just inside the inlet last several days. We’ll be expecting some of those big girls to show up on West side of the sound over the next week now. Bring em on!!!