Heard 2 gobbling this morning

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Let my bloodhound out this morning at 5 45am and heard 2 birds gobbling hard . The farmer finally picked the rye and the birds have moved across the road.
I have never heard gobbling this late into May.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Latest bird I ever heard that I know for sure was on a hen was June 6th about 18 years ago.

Fishing down the headwaters above lake James. I remember cause he blew my dang hat off about 20 yards off the bank while I was collecting trout.

Also heard prolly 5 gobbles during November over the past 10 years.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Latest bird I ever heard that I know for sure was on a hen was June 6th about 18 years ago.

Fishing down the headwaters above lake James. I remember cause he blew my dang hat off about 20 yards off the bank while I was collecting trout.

Also heard prolly 5 gobbles during November over the past 10 years.
Thunder will get them still around home till like 5/25

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Probably the only honest all the time turkey hunter ( and a great one) told me he had seen strutters and heard gobbles in durham county on the fourth of July.
They just be proud of themselves. :) All year.
Best thing about that is you know there are some left.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Back in the late 70s when my Dad and I first started turkey hunting we would continue going out listening long after the season was out....through June and well into July. It wasn't like April...but they would still gobble.

On a side note, I once heard a gobbler crank up on the last day of deer season one year....new year's day. He gobbled for about an hour after daylight maybe 15 - 20 times. Felt like Spring there for a little while.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I watched a gobbler strut and chase hens around in November. One of my favorite deer hunts.

Reactions: jug

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Very common in mtns see strutters with hens when we go delayed harvest trout opener which is 1st Sat in June always few left gobbling then

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
During muzzleloader week in the central deer season in November of 2006 at dawn, A gobbler was absolutely hammering to let everything within earshot know that he was the man. I watched him chase a smaller longbeard off his turf.

Jim

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of the birds was struttin with the hen this morning..... but one was by himself this evening.