heading home

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
in route home from Southwest Texas,,,,left home the morning of 8 December and will be back tomorrow AM (traffic is holiday stupid in Atlanta area so I hit a cheap hotel and will drive through in early AM tomorrow).

Pictures when I get home and get squared away

great time - my young dog chased (well pointed, but lets be honest!) quail, helped track hogs,,and learned a thing or three about REAL cacti species! Zugged on the javelina - seen some but they were off the ranch I was hunting,,,

Didn't kill much as the goal was exposure for her - but seen enough game that I would go back in a heartbeat,,,and will.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Had a buddy that worked on a large high fence place in TX. No special breeding, just 5 digits worth of acreage fenced in and selective harvesting. Anyway, he said the javelinas were awful. Said they’d hear the truck coming to when you went to fill the spreaders to bait the sendaros and would run you back up in the bed of the truck wanting that feed so bad lol

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
they are feisty little fellows,,,

I've had a fascination with them since first reading of them in Outdoor Life or some such back in the 80s,,,,took until a few years ago when I finally had the chance to go after one and take one in Arizona with my bow

my buddy down there hates them - I think they are a cool critter