Headed to Oregon!

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, my Triple Crown longbow is anyway. Just sent it out by USPS yesterday. I wasn't hammered quite as much as I expected to be but it'll still hurt yer wallet. Since both ASA and IBO have decided to adopt the European rules(like anybody I shoot with is going to Europe) and basically ban metal risers I've made arrangements with Ron King, owner of Fox Archery to shave a few pounds off her and get it down to a comfortable draw weight for competition....

This Fox Triple Crown was a Bucket List longbow for me from the first one I saw. Could never afford a new one but this one came up used at just the right time. As a matter of fact if you go to the Fox Archery website and check out their Triple Crown longbows it's either the same bow or one exactly like the one pictured. Micarta and Bolivian Rosewood riser with Bamboo limbs. When Ron gets through with her she'll be, for all intents and purposes, a brand new bow...
Don't know what it is about this bow but it doesn't seem to matter what you feed it...500's, 600's, long or short, skinny or fat...it always wads them into one tight spot. All you have to do is move that spot where you want it.... ;)

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Vaps.jpg
    Vaps.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Maxima250.jpg
    Maxima250.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 3shafts.jpg
    3shafts.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, I know what to get. Good luck buddy, you don’t need it but it don’t hurt to have it!

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well, I know what to get. Good luck buddy, you don’t need it but it don’t hurt to have it!
You're right about luck, I'll take all I can get! I don't know that they make a longbow that holds and points as naturally as the TC. If they do I haven't shot it. And compared to some the price is reasonable, you'll spend more for a Widow.
Beautiful bow and arrows !
Thanks @ Hunting Nut! 'Preciate it...

mgstickbow

Button Buck
That’s a great looking bow! I’ve never shot one but always heard great things about them. It’s a wise choice to get a reduction from the bowyer vs someone else. I learned the lesson the hard way…

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That’s a great looking bow! I’ve never shot one but always heard great things about them. It’s a wise choice to get a reduction from the bowyer vs someone else. I learned the lesson the hard way…
Thanks! Guess I'm lucky then, I sent it to a bowyer here in NC who said he could do the job. After a month he wasn't as confident and sent it back. Ron King felt that with it being a 68" bow he could get 3-4, maybe even 5#. I can make 3# work if I have to but if he can get 4# that puts it at 40# at my draw length and I'll be tickled to death....

mgstickbow

Button Buck
Most of the guys i’ve discussed it with say that a 10% reduction is usually about the most you can expect to shave off without compromising the bow. Four or 5 pounds doesn’t sound like much, but when you are at the top end of your poundage it can make a big difference.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most of the guys i’ve discussed it with say that a 10% reduction is usually about the most you can expect to shave off without compromising the bow. Four or 5 pounds doesn’t sound like much, but when you are at the top end of your poundage it can make a big difference.
That pretty much mirrors what I've been told and that it's easier with longer bows.This one is 68", I draw 29 1/2" and it pulls a measured 44# at that draw length. Anything approaching 40, even 41 would be great...