He is killing me.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This WeedWhackerPup (what we in the cur dog world call long tailed dogs) LOL is killin my old ass. Let him out of the kennel while I was washing them down and he ran over about 100 yds from the kennel in a trash pile and got treed. I finished up and went to him. Took a short vid and got him off and damn if he didn't go about 500 yards and did it again. SMDH
Too hot for this crap.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Don't let him kill you. Being the gentleman I am I'm sure we can agree on a price . just trying to help you out ?
Nah, he isn't going anywhere but I am going back to may old tried and true method. I don't usually let ANY of my dogs out here period without a tracking/training collar. He had been getting a pass since he was a pup and listens so good. I could just whistle and he would come running. But now since his mind is on something else I can see that is going to change. He is already tone broke but I need to know exactly where he is for his safety and my piece of mind so the tracking/training stuff went in the Mule yesterday. He gets collared up every time he goes out now.

We went out this morning and he treed a couple but I knew where he was every step he made.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
It's amazing what can be done with the technology available today. I use to spend hours trying to get dogs off bear they bayed now I run a few hours and I decide when it's time to go home. I think age has a lot to do with it also ( me not the dogs) .

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's amazing what can be done with the technology available today. I use to spend hours trying to get dogs off bear they bayed now I run a few hours and I decide when it's time to go home. I think age has a lot to do with it also ( me not the dogs) .
Yeah, deer used to be my nemesis when they first got around here when I was a hound hunter. I never had too much of a problem with the curs messing with them. But now since hogs have gotten in here these Stephens Curs absolutely hate them. This dogs sister absolutely doesn't seem to want to pass one up. I have lit her up like a fluorescent light over a couple. I suspect it will be the same with him.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
about time for a coon,them squirrel ain't no challenge for him anymore
Yep, I will have him on them soon. Either when blackberries get ripe or soon as corn gets ready. Depending on what I can find. They have cut so much timber around here I have to be careful where I go. The last place I want to wind up is in a clearcut in the summer.