HDPE pipe

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Anyone know where I can get pricing on a 60 inch HDPE pipe? Probably needs to be 60 ft long. This is for a driveway culvert. Location central NC.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Call Ferguson’s.

Part number on page above

You’ll probably have to get 3 20 footers and joint them together.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone know where I can get pricing on a 60 inch HDPE pipe? Probably needs to be 60 ft long. This is for a driveway culvert. Location central NC.
Check with the guys that do you permit for the drive and also for you wetland permit.
Most the time they will know the guys in the area that have it and install. If you do that it may save you money on the cost of the pipe. They may be using it allready and have on hand or plan to order.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Found TG Brooks in Timberlake yesterday after many phone calls. Talked to the grader doing the driveway as well, he wants to go with a 72 inch pipe at main crossing, I’m not an expert but thought a 60 inch at 60 feet would have been fine. It’s a dry branch but gets a lot of run off. No 72 inch HDPE but did get the rest of the pipes for the smaller culverts from them. TG was good to deal with.

Going to have to use galvanized for the large crossing. Grader will be costing it with something to hopefully extend the life. Thanks for all the suggestions.

And yes pipe has gotten crazy expensive, a little over $145 a ft for the 60 inch and scarce, would have to be ordered.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Found TG Brooks in Timberlake yesterday after many phone calls. Talked to the grader doing the driveway as well, he wants to go with a 72 inch pipe at main crossing, I’m not an expert but thought a 60 inch at 60 feet would have been fine. It’s a dry branch but gets a lot of run off. No 72 inch HDPE but did get the rest of the pipes for the smaller culverts from them. TG was good to deal with.

Going to have to use galvanized for the large crossing. Grader will be costing it with something to hopefully extend the life. Thanks for all the suggestions.

And yes pipe has gotten crazy expensive, a little over $145 a ft for the 60 inch and scarce, would have to be ordered.
We used to coat galvanized culvert pipe with foundation tar. Now you see more polymer coatings.

timber

Twelve Pointer

don’t where you are at and exactly what you are using it for but would get somebody with the state to look at it make sure it meets specs if you haven’t already. I try to stay away from involving the gov as much as possible but learned hard way something like that better to ask first. Especially spending that kind of money. We put a lot in logging they will make you pull it in a minute if they think it want carry the volume of run off. Usually what they require is going to be larger than you think you need. Not sure how they estimate what the run off will be