Have you got IT this bad?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
IT being consumed with turkeys.
Today one of our vendors comes in. New director of the company, gives me his business card.
A few minutes later I find myself using his card scratching out yelps on the conference room table.:eek:

Anyone one else need mental health help when it comes to turkeys?
I almost wished the deer stuff was as interesting but it's just not.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
At least that bad and probably worse. Any time I meet someone and hear where they are from, I instantly try to determine if they are in a turkey rich region and would I have a chance to hunt them.
I have a network of folks that text me anytime they see a turkey. They let me know when, where, how many, and usually tell me who owns the land.
I get told at least once a day by wife and girls "that's enough" while playing my turkey calls in the house.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
At least that bad and probably worse. Any time I meet someone and hear where they are from, I instantly try to determine if they are in a turkey rich region and would I have a chance to hunt them.
I have a network of folks that text me anytime they see a turkey. They let me know when, where, how many, and usually tell me who owns the land.
I get told at least once a day by wife and girls "that's enough" while playing my turkey calls in the house.
I could have typed this exact post...yep, got it that bad. Worse.
Headed to Ohio in 3.5 weeks to get a fix for my addiction.

rodman

Ten Pointer
I yelped with a straw in a meeting one time. The boss said obviously you are not with us today...I was on my island

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
I don't know why I have a channel other than youtube. When I finally get to sit down at night it's to watch turkey hunting.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
we have an isolated cafeteria/breakroom at work.. I strolled into it late one evening for a soda.Thinking it was empty I let loose with my Godawful barred owl yell. The room was not empty.
A co worker was looking on with astonishment.
Can you imagine having to explain that nonsense to a non turkey hunter? :)
He would allow for sure that I needed some help. LOL

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
You and my dad would have got along great. He would rather spring gobbler hunt than deer hunt. I went with him a few times, but I just never got the bug. Now that he can't hunt anymore, I wish I would have gone with him more.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Turkeys consume me 24/7/365. They are constantly on my mind. I don't even talk about it to the few friends I have that don't turkey hunt because I can just tell by the look in their eyes they think I'm crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Yes and no. I've learned to suppress it most of the year. It's the only way I can get anything done:wave:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup 365 days year not unusual for me to be yelping walking around at work and yes people think your little off but who cares. Deer mean very little to me my vacation time in fall will be doing kee kee's and besides family time all my other vacation days go to spring season. Matter fact I'm usually two years ahead sometimes more in planning my spring vacation ive already got a calender marked for 2020.

JD1107

Yup! I always get a good chuckle from my students when I start making turkey sounds. I feel bad for my co worker. Her husband I both are big hunters so she gets it at home and at work.

TarheelTurkey

Six Pointer
YEP !! Between making calls and ALWAYS looking for next years possible permission slips I think of turkeys 24/7/365 as Dave Owens stated “ I exist from June until March , but then I live “ ! For those on facebook and/or you tube look up The Pinhoti Project it will help ease the pains until spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I plan for hunting turkeys pretty much 365 days a year. I've killed turkeys in March, April, May, October, November, December and January, and this year I'm hoping to expand it to February and get the jump on the south FL boys. :)

Reactions: PG2

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I take mouth calls to the Fair just see how fired up I can get the gobblers in the livestock area. The answer is VERY. I also stop whatever I'm doing as soon as I hear a crow in the spring, fully expecting to hear a gobble., even if I'm somewhere where there's no turkeys.

My wife has already heard more than a lifetime worth of my turkey calling and it takes her about .2 tenths of one second to go from zero to pissed off when I start calling in the house. I think I may have broke her.

Jim

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I just keep telling myself that every day is closer to the start of turkey season. It only starts getting believable around the end of February.

Jim