Have you caught any deer yet?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Have you caught any deer yet?

I had an elderly landowner woman that I used to stay with on an out of state hunt that would always ask me that when I would come in from hunting. "You caught one yet?" Used to make me laugh... I'd run with it and come up with some story where I grabbed one by the tail and wrangled it, until her husband would start laughing at her too. They were good folks.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's all fun & games till billy buck decides he's tired of being domesticated.
Some local boys had one in a pen years ago (glad I was away) he was as docile as a lamb when he didn't have horns or when he was in velvet. But the day he rubbed out you better keep your azz out of that pen. He would give you that sideways look and come to the fence with his eyes rolled back. He was like that after his first year as a spike.

His mom was run over in front of their house and he showed up in their yard barely able to walk he was so small. Best I remember he lived to he was 9 or 10. They spent a small fortune building an enclosure for him.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That would be boring TV. I think when they're hunting gators, they should bring them in the boat live. But then you wouldn't hear "Choot'em".
they choot'em right in the boat anyway if they are still alive.đŸ˜„