Hatteras Trip May 17th

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like the kid and me will be planning a trip to Hatteras on May 17th, there are 3 of us and looking for 2-3 more people to help keep the costs down. I have been talking to a few boats that i know have open dates, will be likely booking regardless this week.
Price based on some quick simple math would be $250 per person on 6 people (give or take depending on what boat)
If anyone has a "go to" boat let me know, i already checked with one "go to" but he is booked

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Sea Creature out of Hatteras Harbor is a favorite of mine. Steve Coulter has won The Big Rock 2x. You really can’t go wrong with boats out of Hatteras Harbor or Teachs Lair. They don’t stay in business if they don’t produce.
If they cost more, there’s generally a reason, and you’ll appreciate that reason on a questionable day on the blue water lol

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
But not available on that date, so left with a few options yet, got to make a call this week and make sure i book it in

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good Times with Capt Andy Piland is our go to boat out of Hatteras, nice fella and his mate is top notch and also a captain. Go to the Hatteras harbor fishing report page and see who's catching fish and what kind ..some boats commercial fish during the winter.
https://www.hatterasharbor.com/fishing-reports it doesn't look up to date but you can call them as well.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
That’s coming right off the HVOO. Might be some boats booked the whole week, or taking a lay day after the tourny

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Heres who isn't booked, looked at a bunch that's for sure, did some email trading, back and forth, just need to figure one out over the other, and agree on the cheapest isn't always best. I have one that i do like more than the other in the list so far, but only based on response time - or maybe it was the color of the boat, or seemed like i could trust the old white guy in the picture, anyway

Hatteras Blue
Gambler
Sundown
Chaser

tjfreddy

Button Buck
I have not fished out in Hatteras for a few years now due to having small children. When I would go out there yearly, I fished with the Albatross fleet. They have older/slower wooden boats. Capt Ernie's dad is basically the guy that started the recreational sport fishing industry out of Hatteras. Check out the book Hatteras Blues if you have some free time and like to read. If you book with them, ask to fish with Capt Bryan.

Last edited:

Starfan

Eight Pointer
I have not fished out in Hatteras for a few years now due to having small children. When I would go out there yearly, I fished with the Albatross fleet. They have older/slower wooden boats. Capt Ernie's dad is basically the guy that started the recreational sport fishing industry out of Hatteras. Check out the book Hatteras Blues if you have some free time and like to read. If you book with them, ask to fish with Capt Bryan.
I’ve read that book, great read.