Has anyone used Deek's Taxidermy.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Has anyone used Deke's Taxidermy.

As the title says, has anyone used Deke's taxidermy in Graham? If so how was the experience? I'm not sure if I should be concerned, I dropped off a deer from the 2012 season, and was told it would be after the next hunting season when I got it back. No big deal, here it is after the next season, still no big deal. About six months ago, I changed home phone numbers. I call him and leave VM with new number and ask to get called back to verify the records have changed. No return call. Then back in February I leave another voice mail to get an update, still no return call. I'm not sure if he just doesn't return calls what? Looking for advice. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

BDoby

Spike
I think I would be paying a personal visit. In my experience unreturned calls are a bad sign.

hrcarver

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I heard he was pretty bad sick some time ago (from friends that had him do work), hope all is well.

OnslowDeerMan

I hope he's better now if he was sick, if not there's no excuse for not returning a customers call or not having any contact with the customer since the 2012 season. I would go by the shop and ask what the deal is. The first buck I got mounted the guy told me it'd probably take 8-12 months turnaround. I said no problem, every couple months he'd give me a call with an update, excellent customer service. I've given him a good bit of buisness throughout the years, the people in my church use him, my dad and granpa use him. Good guy, first impressions go a long way. As well as Great customer service.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
I hope the original post wasn't taken as bashing the business. This is the first deer I have had mounted and the communication has been lacking. I hope the guy is better if he was sick. I was referred there by a friend of a friend, and was told they do good work. I hope I have nothing to worry about.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
I hope the original post wasn't taken as bashing the business. This is the first deer I have had mounted and the communication has been lacking. I hope the guy is better if he was sick. I was referred there by a friend of a friend, and was told they do good work. I hope I have nothing to worry about.

I would be going by there, today if possible to see whats up!

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I have buddies he has mounted deer for. IMO, his work is not consistent and overall would not meet my expectations. Seen some that looked really good, and I've seen some that were below satisfactory.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
As the title says, has anyone used Deke's taxidermy in Graham? If so how was the experience? I'm not sure if I should be concerned, I dropped off a deer from the 2012 season, and was told it would be after the next hunting season when I got it back. No big deal, here it is after the next season, still no big deal. About six months ago, I changed home phone numbers. I call him and leave VM with new number and ask to get called back to verify the records have changed. No return call. Then back in February I leave another voice mail to get an update, still no return call. I'm not sure if he just doesn't return calls what? Looking for advice. Sorry for the long post.

I think I'd be paying a visit up close and personal.

ajsredbacks

I have used him before with no problems, maybe health problems

cgrsportsman17

Eight Pointer
flathead if you get it back from him take it to craig hall. He is on the northern side of mebane. He does really good work.