Harvest summaries for last season out

jcannon

Twelve Pointer
Bachelor bay GL, J Morgan Futch GL, Bullard and branch and Roanoke island marshes had zero deer harvested on them.

Challenge accepted!!
There are many GL that I have hunted that has single digit harvests every year. One of them is my favorite "mountain" GL and we're usually about the only ones that kill deer there except @appmtnhntr and his buddies. They're probably some that get killed by road hunters up there too. I don't mind hunting places with low density or tough terrain as long as I can get away from people.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
There are many GL that I have hunted that has single digit harvests every year. One of them is my favorite "mountain" GL and we're usually about the only ones that kill deer there except @appmtnhntr and his buddies. They're probably some that get killed by road hunters up there too. I don't mind hunting places with low density or tough terrain as long as I can get away from people.
I’m with you on this one. I’ve actually leaned more towards the tougher the better because I’ve usually got the place to myself

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
You ought to see some of the places @Lowg08 hunts. He’s a billy goat.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
It is hard for me to believe there were more deer killed in Forsyth County than in Gates County, unless I am looking at it wrong. Good Grief, how things have changed. The deer hunting was great in Gates when there was not even a season in Forsyth.
Check out Bertie reported kills. About half of what it used to be. Deer numbers are down as well as turkeys in my area.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Check out Bertie reported kills. About half of what it used to be. Deer numbers are down as well as turkeys in my area.
Gates and Bertie had good deer hunting 40 and 50 years ago when the Piedmont was nearly barren. There are lots of things I don't understand.

billyf

Six Pointer
Gates and Bertie had good deer hunting 40 and 50 years ago when the Piedmont was nearly barren. There are lots of things I don't understand.
We have biologist we pay to figure this out for us. They should have some answers or replaced and give someone else a try..lol Thats how it works in private sector.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
We have biologist we pay to figure this out for us. They should have some answers or replaced and give someone else a try..lol Thats how it works in private sector.

Hunters in eastern NC did not want either-sex days (gun, bow or blackpowder) reduced, at least when the WRC was surveying deer hunters a few years ago.

They wanted to keep seasons maximum even if deer populations were down.

So the WRC lowered the antlerless limit instead (6 to 4) and got rid of the bonus tags.

The WRC biologists claimed it was time to back off some on doe harvests in northeast NC.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Maybe we should restrict method of take for deer. I vote for 3 years of no dog hunting, no center fires and no baiting, limit one buck and 2 does. Also no gun hunting until Dec 1. Don’t want to be killing bucks during peak breeding.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Maybe we should restrict method of take for deer. I vote for 3 years of no dog hunting, no center fires and no baiting, limit one buck and 2 does. Also no gun hunting until Dec 1. Don’t want to be killing bucks during peak breeding.
No center fires would lead to a lot of wounded deer because people would be using .22 .22 mag and .17s

limit rifle season to a shotgun season

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I have a camera in the top right corner
@Lowg08 i was about to reply to app mtn htr and say “I’ve gotten exhausted just looking at hunting pics Lowg08 has shared with me.” But before I could reply with said message, I scrolled and saw one of said pics . What will it take to talk you into getting back into bear hunting

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Shoot. I got visited during something bruin and blocked in my driveway for 2 hours and hadn’t owned a dog in 5 years. They wanted to know who I was paying to hide my dogs. Where was I hiding them. Who I was hunting with now. Because they hadn’t ran into me. Apparently the answer well no crap because I quit was wrong. Finally had to submit a harassment charge through my lawyer. I suspended it when the judge told them to leave us alone. They had put us through enough.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Now as far as the Deer #s …. I admit I was wrong in the Turkey decline thread

“I predicted it would be fall before this started about the deer… it’s only May”😉😂🤪🤔

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Now as far as the Deer #s …. I admit I was wrong in the Turkey decline thread

“I predicted it would be fall before this started about the deer… it’s only May”😉😂🤪🤔
Don't worry looks like decent acorn crop ahead every public land campfire and deer clubhousewill blame CWD this fall for not seeing deer

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Im just going to keep complaining and no one will want to come hunt here 😎😉
ive seen the deer your after and im still not sure if id drag my ass up to some of the places you hunt even if the deer was tied to a tree. @appmtnhntr said there always be someone that wants it more than you at some point. and your that someone 99.999% of the time