Harsin, Auburn

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Word is he was fired before the game.

That was the worst performance by an AU team I've ever seen.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
He’s been fired since last year and is just now figuring it out. Gonna be a long year and maybe even longer offseason. Not sure who would want to coach at Auburn until they get the behind the scenes stuff nipped in the bud.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Harsin was an odd hire anyway. Spent 95% of his career in the Pacific Northwest with no SEC experience at all, as either head coach or an assistant. It made no sense.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
He’s been fired since last year and is just now figuring it out. Gonna be a long year and maybe even longer offseason. Not sure who would want to coach at Auburn until they get the behind the scenes stuff nipped in the bud.

Anyone looking for an easy guaranteed payday?

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
Anyone looking for an easy guaranteed payday?
Let me rephrase. No quality FBS coach would want to come to Auburn currently. Now in case the AD is looking on the forum, I will happily submit my application for the open job. I only require 1M a year for a two year contract and am open to negotiations after year two. I know a little about football, not much about recruiting, not much about media relations, but I sure can shake hands and entertain boosters while the assistant coaches work on actually building a solid program. Heck I’d even let the boosters call a play or two in garbage time against an FCS school. You know, really make them feel like a part of the team. I feel like whoever is the next coach needs to focus on keeping the boosters/media out of the way and hire some coaches that can recruit and develop talent… oh and game plan worth a damn.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
syUaBQb.jpg

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve heard this refrain over and over.

The real question is what quality FBS coach is actually available?
Matt Rhule, as was mentioned.
Possibly Dave Aranda could be wooed from Baylor.
It would be a dark horse candidate, but Bill O'brien (OC at 'Bama.)
Steve Ensminger?
Could Urban Meyer be wooed out of retirement?

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Matt Rhule, as was mentioned.
He might be good. He needs to be able to recruit in the south.
Possibly Dave Aranda could be wooed from Baylor.
Some think he's a good target.
It would be a dark horse candidate, but Bill O'brien (OC at 'Bama.)
No
Steve Ensminger?
Of the famed Nallsminger offense? Never again.
Could Urban Meyer be wooed out of retirement?
I'd rather go 0-12

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
What is wrong with auburn boosters?

They have been given way too much power and influence on the football program. It’s kinda like in a hospital where there are way too many people getting paid 6 figures to make decisions based on patient care that have never once stood at the bedside and taken care of someone

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Ed Orgeron?

Give you two left field candidates: KC Keeler at Sam Houston. Six 10 win seasons at the helm of Sam Houston State. Curt Cignetti: 36-5 at JMU. Coached under Chuck Amato at State and for Nick Saban at Alabama.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
They should try to lure Chris Peterson out of retirement. He is the greatest head coach of all time that didn’t get an opportunity to play for a national championship. But Peterson, cignetti, keeler would all be the same type of hire as Harsin. If they want an sec guy they need to hire an sec guy.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
They should try to lure Chris Peterson out of retirement. He is the greatest head coach of all time that didn’t get an opportunity to play for a national championship. But Peterson, cignetti, keeler would all be the same type of hire as Harsin. If they want an sec guy they need to hire an sec guy.
It just seems that that's going to be a tall order to fill to find one that's competent enough.
I guess Josh Heupel or Mike Stoops might be possibilities?

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Ed Orgeron?

Give you two left field candidates: KC Keeler at Sam Houston. Six 10 win seasons at the helm of Sam Houston State. Curt Cignetti: 36-5 at JMU. Coached under Chuck Amato at State and for Nick Saban at Alabama.

They sound interesting.

The last two, not shrimp boat.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns

If Petersen didn’t do that well on the west coast, he’ll fail like Harsin in the South.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
It just seems that that's going to be a tall order to fill to find one that's competent enough.

Heupel is setting himself up well.

I think Stoops is heading toward coach for life status soon.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
If Petersen didn’t do that well on the west coast, he’ll fail like Harsin in the South.
He took a program(washington) that was at its lowest point in history and built them in 1 year to where they went to the CFP in year 2. If he had landed a job somewhere in the sec, big 10, big 12 acc we might be talking about chris peterson being the GOAT and not so much Saban. He is right up there with pete carroll as being one of the most brilliant college football minds ever to coach.

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
Heupel isn’t going anywhere, the wallets in Knoxville are deeper than on the plains.

coachcornbread

Ten Pointer
He took a program(washington) that was at its lowest point in history and built them in 1 year to where they went to the CFP in year 2. If he had landed a job somewhere in the sec, big 10, big 12 acc we might be talking about chris peterson being the GOAT and not so much Saban. He is right up there with pete carroll as being one of the most brilliant college football minds ever to coach.
Bit of a stretch to call Pete Carroll that. He had the luxury of ESPN salivating over USC much like they do Bama now. He saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship before the NCAA dropped the hammer on them.

As far as Petersen, he would be a middle of the pack coach in the SEC.