Harsin, Auburn

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
well they said they had an analytic guy on staff. Didnt he thow an interception which would have been better than a punt but got a penalty instead?

The first time they went for it 4th and 11 from the 40 and just turned it over on downs if I remember correctly. The second time they ran the same play 4th and 10 in basically the same spot and got bailed out on a defensive holding call which ended up in a first down then turned it over in the red zone.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
If I were the AD at Auburn or Nebraska the top two names of coaches that would be on the sheet of paper I keep in my desk would be:

1. Lane Kiffen-Like him or not the guy can coach. I am happy we have Heupel, but I believe if Kiffen would have stayed at UT we would have a championship by now. No way he wants to stay at Ol Miss the rest of his career. Has recruiting ties in the south as well as California.

2. Dave Clawson-Doing a remarkable job at Wake Forest. Already knows how to recruit in the south from his brief stint as OC at UT. Fulmer really handcuffed him while he was there so we never saw his offensive full potential.

Whomever Auburn selects, they need to be strong on defense as well. The old adage still rings true, offense wins games and defense wins championships.

I like both of those choices. I think Kiffin is finally maturing, but still immature. I agree he would've done great things at UT, but he was so immature. The thing about Clawson that scares me is that he somewhat runs Malzahn's offense.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The first time they went for it 4th and 11 from the 40 and just turned it over on downs if I remember correctly. The second time they ran the same play 4th and 10 in basically the same spot and got bailed out on a defensive holding call which ended up in a first down then turned it over in the red zone.
yes but had not the penalty occurred they would have been intercepted at likely worse field position for lsu than a punt.
my point is there are many factors in the "success" of fourth down non convesrions.
Strict adherence to Analytics changed baseball- may do the same for football.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
I like both of those choices. I think Kiffin is finally maturing, but still immature. I agree he would've done great things at UT, but he was so immature. The thing about Clawson that scares me is that he somewhat runs Malzahn's offense.

And clawson does not have a defensive mind which doesn’t work in the sec.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Auburn would be bored silly with Clawson. Now Nebraska should give him whatever it takes. They watched wishbone bS for years and were happy,

You forget a lot of us watched Bo, Brent Fullwod, Little Train, Joe Cribb, James Brooks.

Bo on the toss was an amazing sight. You've never seen a human that size, or any size, move that fast.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
You forget a lot of us watched Bo, Brent Fullwod, Little Train, Joe Cribb, James Brooks.

Bo on the toss was an amazing sight. You've never seen a human that size, or any size, move that fast.
then get Clawson. If you can win at wake with the talent he has then AU would be a breeze.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They're gonna have to race Nebraska, Arizona State and Georgia Tech to get to him.