Harris Lake Fishing

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Met a couple of guys from work last night at Harris to try and catch a catfish or two. We were fishing from the pier structure at the south end.

had zero luck and not even a nibble. I know from bow fishing that lake that the catfish are there. Is it too early?

Had about 10 lines out between the three of us with almost every bait I know of. Not one single bite.

ive never been to Harris and not caught at least one catfish. Even when targeting other fish.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Depends on water temp and bait.
Fishing from a dock is funny. One day you get nothing, next you pack em in.

Only thing I would say. Change up find what they want. What I'm getting at is bait size big and small, bait type, heads, bone in, no bones.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Bait ranged from live bream, cut brim, live eel, cut eel, artificial blue crab, shrimp, worms, stinky dough stuff, and chicken liver. Not a single bite. Just off.

Deerhuntr

Ten Pointer
The catfish have probably been eating on the thousands of dead thread fin Shad floating. It’ll get better around June for the catfish.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Unless they are spawning most of the catfish i catch in that lake are on the edges of creek channels. There is a window in the spring when they move up really shallow and we work the bank like bass fishing with night crawlers under a float or a light Carolina rig. But any other time, we cast net threadfin shad and that seems to be the ticket.