Hand hewn beams?

ducknut

Eight Pointer
I'm finishing up the new house. I need a post to hold up the laminated beams. I've been looking for a hand hewn beam or rough cut. Something with some character. I've struck out with finding anything so far. Looking for an 8x8 9 or 10 feet long. Anyone know of anything in NE Nc?

waitup

Four Pointer
Not sure how far North or East you are, but Murdock Sawmill in Bunn might be able to help you out. Jack Murdock 919-669-1859.

Southern

Ten Pointer
I have 80, pine hand hewn tobacco barn beams, 100 years old. I would sell all or some.
18 feet long roughly 6x8 up to 8 x 8 approximately

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
I'm finishing up the new house. I need a post to hold up the laminated beams. I've been looking for a hand hewn beam or rough cut. Something with some character. I've struck out with finding anything so far. Looking for an 8x8 9 or 10 feet long. Anyone know of anything in NE Nc?
There is a place in Ayden, near Greenville, called Heritage Plank Flooring that mills reclaimed heart pine. He'll probably have whatever you need. Nice guy, too.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
these guys will have something that your looking for but not sure on cost.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just as a heads up, I believe you have to get an engineer to certify any beam like that.

I saw 12" D cedar posts on a porch remodel, and the inspectors wouldn't pass it, but if there was a plain 2x4 there, that would have passed. Had to get an engineer to certify them.