Six Pointer
Any experience or suggestions of brands, types or models? Been thinking of try

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The problems with these are:

They're expensive

They're hard to find, if you want to try one out

Other than that....they're wonderful. I've been hunting with a Carter Just-B-Cuz for 10+ yrs. It's never fallen or been knocked off my string (from stand). That's the first thing people who don't hunt with them will cite. Could it happen? Sure. I've probably hunted with mine an average of 100 hunts/season for many years.

Good luck.

I switched to a Scott Pursuit this year and have been loving it. It comes with a wrist strap so you can keep it like a index release if you want but besides better shooting I like being able to hang the release on the bow while in the tree.

Last edited:

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I've shot Carter releases for years, with the Ember1 being what I have been shooting for the last 10 or so. It has the open hook, so you can't leave it hanging on the string as DBCooper described. But its my all time favorite and I'm comfortable with it and that's the main thing. Carter releases, or hand held releases in general are expensive, but in my opinion you will never sqeeze the very best out of your shooting ability without one. At least that was how it worked for me. I think hand held releases magnify the shooters bad habits, so it forces you to abandon them.

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I guess i've been lucky because i've been using the same Fletchunter Concho for about 30yrs and it's still going. I liked it so much that I bought an extra one years ago cheap on ebay in case this one broke or stopped functioning but so far i haven't had to use. I've used it so much that the rubber sleeve is in a half moon shape where it has formed to my hand. It has definately been a good one and has functioned flawlessly since the day i bought it. Got my money's worth for sure.

Attachments

• KA_22602940.jpg
    KA_22602940.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Best deal on the market. Quality and price is what I’m referring to.
For a thumb puncher
Is
Spot Hogg
Friday night delight
Saturday night special

Once I picked up a hinge I ditched all other releases to learn to shoot it.
10+ years later I love it. I have shot many brands, shapes and styles
Since the Scott “backspin” came out I’ve kept that one.
Seems to fit my hand and face well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
STAN. I tried a ton and nothing came close to the trigger the STAN had, never looked back. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I shoot a Stan because it fits me best. Thumb releases and hinges are like pistols in that they need to fit you to shoot it well. I shoot my thumb trigger the same way I shoot my hinge but I dont hunt with the hinge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk