had to happen

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
The storm track has moved east of predictions from yesterday. Looks like its heading straight through your area WM. It will be east of me now so I will not be spared much either seeming the worst winds usually are on the north east side of these storms.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The storm track has moved east of predictions from yesterday. Looks like its heading straight through your area WM. It will be east of me now so I will not be spared much either seeming the worst winds usually are on the north east side of these storms.
Yeah, gonna roll right throuth that section if NC it looks like on up to the folks in raleigh

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Do you have a generator? Any members live near you that can fire it up for you?

she's square on that,,,

just grumpy,,, love her, but she get's grumpy when men folks aren't there to do men folks stuff,,, keeps telling me she's gotten lazy since I've been working from home for thelast 12 or so years and she's gonna have to go back to "being an SF guys wife" (who ain't never home) and start doing things for herself more,, ,like she did when I was gone most of the time

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You should get her a new hicks water stove for valentines day so she can feed it wood during the next storm and your gone.....since she's back to old times.......

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
she's square on that,,,

just grumpy,,, love her, but she get's grumpy when men folks aren't there to do men folks stuff,,, keeps telling me she's gotten lazy since I've been working from home for thelast 12 or so years and she's gonna have to go back to "being an SF guys wife" (who ain't never home) and start doing things for herself more,, ,like she did when I was gone most of the time
followed by

they ain't made that toy yet Brother ;):cool:

The duality of Woodmoose. Epic :mosh: :bass:

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
you buying?

we've discussed them,,, massive cost for our house,,,, heck I have 4 heat pumps I have to keep up,,, don't need much more!
I can make it happen. “Whole house generator for Veteran in need”. Live music, food, drinks, motorcycle ride, etc.
I’ll let you know when we get a date pinned down.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
she's square on that,,,

Well, in your defence, you're gone quite a bit now it seems. So..... very little change.
I fail to see her issue. 😔

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
If you pair it with a shiny new shop vacuum for the ashes you're sure to be golden.....
(I may have told this story previously, so forgive me if I bore some)

our first Christmas together I bought her a vacuum cleaner and "accessory pack" cause she had been saying she needed one,,, we were living on a Staff Sergeant's pay in 1985 and it was a little tight,,, so there weren't nothing else,,,

shortly thereafter (like real shortly) she was sad/grumpy/ill about that - said it wasn't that I got her a vacuum, but that I didn't get her anything else (something sweet I reckon),,, me in my manly stupidity said "but I got ya the accessory pack",,, made her madder (go figure),,,

she still brings that up to this day when she needs it,,,,

learned a hard lesson that first Christmas,,,

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Last spring I bought the tedder and mine say she’s been wanting a new washer and dryer so I order her the one she wants the same day I inked the purchase order…

… I’m still in trouble for buying her what she wanted. 🤷🏼‍♂️
The problem is the Male practical mind takes things at face value and tries to use that practical knowledge for dealing with a woman. Most likely a woman says she wants an appliance when she really means she needs the appliance. I have learned to never get a womans needs for gifts because that should be an every day sacrifice purchase as the duty of the man in a relationship. A suitable gift is something you heard mentioned 6 months ago in a fleeting conversation that she has completely forgotten or something seemingly out of reach financially and a complete surprise that enforces the fact that you have listened to every word muttered since communication began the first day you met