Had an interesting call

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Got a neat call this morning, evidently my father-in-laws hunt club has a yearly big buck contest for deer taken on club lands and my 8pt this year took it for 2013!!!! Didnt win anything but my name was put on the trophy thats kept at the clubhouse and naturally the bragging rights lol. Here he is

32.JPGphoto 2.jpg76.JPGphoto.jpg!!!

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Bragging rights contests are the most fun in my opinion...maybe throw in a free dinner or something. Congrats....that's a nice buck!

OnslowDeerMan

That's a great buck Travis!! Didn't you say it was your first in the biggest buck thread!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Wall bracket is a skull hooker, and yup first buck I've ever taken cause its the first buck Ive seen over a 4pt lol, He grossed 128 7/8 with a net of 109 3/8

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
Did you do anything to those antlers? They looked colored on the wall.. could be the lighting. looks really good though. nice buck.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Did you do anything to those antlers? They looked colored on the wall.. could be the lighting. looks really good though. nice buck.

I coated the entire skull in a polyurethane to try and keep the color from bleaching out. The dark reddish brown on the bases is from the blood that was left after his velvet wore off, took him early in the 2nd week of rifle season.

wshields

Wall bracket is a skull hooker, and yup first buck I've ever taken cause its the first buck Ive seen over a 4pt lol, He grossed 128 7/8 with a net of 109 3/8

I think somebody needs to recalculate that score... He definitely would not lose that much in deductions.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Guy at the club scored him, i have no idea on scoring bucks lol