Gut Wrenching, Heart Pounder

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I shot a deer last year during archery season, but was high and hit him in the spine so his back legs wouldn’t move. I was close by in the tree so I watched him, hoping he’d bleed out and die. But I hadn’t hit anything that bleeds, so the poor thing just sat there struggling on two front legs. And of all days, I had left the pistol in the truck. I had to climb down and hike to the truck and back. I put one in his neck with him watching me. That was difficult.
Take more arrows.. It sucks, been there and done that..

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
is that when the govt changes their mind and decides you can’t carry concealed anymore? Or when you decide the 2nd amendment alone has you covered and you say screw the CC?
is that when the govt changes their mind and decides you can’t carry concealed anymore? Or when you decide the 2nd amendment alone has you covered and you say screw the CC?
Well, as far as saying that, i wouldn't cause i don't want to lose my privilege to carry a pistol atall. I live in Charlotte and although NC is an open carry state and no permit is required as long as you're not a criminal, I do have a permit just not a CC

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Well, as far as saying that, i wouldn't cause i don't want to lose my privilege to carry a pistol atall. I live in Charlotte and although NC is an open carry state and no permit is required as long as you're not a criminal, I do have a permit just not a CC
I was just busting chops cuz it said Canceled , not concealed. Don’t listen to me. I’m full of bs

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Ive spine shot a couple with a bow and put em down but had to finish with a follow up. sucky. felt like the 2nd shot was harder to make than the first.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Just curious. What kind of permit do you have if not a CC permit? Are you talking about a purchase permit?

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
Just curious. What kind of permit do you have if not a CC permit? Are you talking about a purch
I have just a regular permit to carry a firearm. But if i go outside in public or carry it in my vehicle it has to be where it can be plainly seen if an Officer were to walk up to my window for some reason.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Yea, just a regular purchase permit. Sorry
Well, just for clarification, there is no regular permit to carry. I suppose you mean you have a purchase permit in case you want to buy another pistol. You don't need a permit to carry or possess a handgun unless you carry concealed, then you need the CC permit. Many get confused on this issue but as long as it isn't concealed you don't have to have anything.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
So you can carry a pistol while bow hunting with out a CC permit?
Yes, but if you don't have a Canceled Carry permit, it has to be on the outside of your pants or whatever where it can be plainly seen.
But i guess that's if the landowner or wherever you are bow hunting allows guns on their property in the first place.

All those things. And while you can carry anything for your personal protection, you may only use rimfire to dispatch a wounded animal until it’s rifle season.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I was! It was indeed off by a couple of clicks. I’m going to try with a different crossbow though, because I still feel like something is off. I’m not sure what though.
Did you sight in with broad heads or field points?? They often have a different point of impact and that would easily fit exactly what you described