Guns for Sale

7mm-08

Twelve Pointer
It’s probably time to get rid of the dust collectors, but man, I’ve regretted every gun and truck I’ve ever sold. Well, not every gun. I’ve picked up a couple junkers for a deal here and there and don’t miss them, but it’s a hard thing to do. Then… some folks change them like underwear.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
It’s probably time to get rid of the dust collectors, but man, I’ve regretted every gun and truck I’ve ever sold. Well, not every gun. I’ve picked up a couple junkers for a deal here and there and don’t miss them, but it’s a hard thing to do. Then… some folks change them like underwear.
Much like you, I have a difficult time turning loose of many I don't need; a Win 70 I bought from a close friend who was dying of cancer, several given to me by a favorite uncle, my Father's 11-48, some I built, some I restored and any which have any sentimental attachment. I intend to give them to my son and grandson but without that same degree of attachment I fear that many of them will move on after I'm gone, but I guess that's ok in the end.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Don’t have trouble parting with them for the most part but have regretted a couple. A bennelli original SBE, shot that gun better than any shotgun I ever owned, still regret that one. A win m-70 in 30/06, could have bought it back but just didn’t have and still don’t have a need for it, nice gun though. 257 W mag, loved the gun, hated price and availability of ammo.

A few I was happy to see go, browning BPS, couldn’t hit water with it if I felt outa a boat. Savage 17 hmr that shot about like a shotgun. A few others.

Last edited:

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've regretted selling very few. One of them I recently got back after nearly 20 years and it still looks new.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve sold, traded, and swapped plenty over the years. Some I regret, some I was glad to see go.

One I regret getting rid of is my first Remington M700 Mtn Rifle in .280 Rem. Shot better than it had any right to shoot based on its looks. Traded it for a .300 Win Mag that got a load worked up, killed 3 deer, and sat in the safe for 10 years basically untouched.

Ones I was glad to see go were every Browning Bolt rifle I’ve ever owned. I tried hard to like them, but just couldn’t make myself.

Then there’s the ones I own, but should let go… but that’s another post in itself

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
I have bought and sold a few but I have a deal with myself that I will not get rid of a gun that was given to me. There are a few that I would buy back but I’m good with the decisions I have made. Come to think of it I have never purchased a new rifle or scope.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
You might need to gather me a bigger support group.
I’ve sold, traded, and swapped plenty over the years. Some I regret, some I was glad to see go.

One I regret getting rid of is my first Remington M700 Mtn Rifle in .280 Rem. Shot better than it had any right to shoot based on its looks. Traded it for a .300 Win Mag that got a load worked up, killed 3 deer, and sat in the safe for 10 years basically untouched.

Ones I was glad to see go were every Browning Bolt rifle I’ve ever owned. I tried hard to like them, but just couldn’t make myself.

Then there’s the ones I own, but should let go… but that’s another post in itself
We’re here for both of you. Post em up. Someone add a link to the classified section.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We’re here for both of you. Post em up. Someone add a link to the classified section.
Oh, the ones I should get rid of, but just can’t aren’t going anywhere…lol.

Like the Remington 700 Classic in 8mm Rem Mag… I should just sell it to @darkthirty and move on, but someday I MIGHT have another .300 Jarrett built, so I gotta hang onto it.

Or the NIB T/C Encore Pro Hunter Muzzleloader that’s been gathering dust for I forget how long. I haven’t used it, and have no intention of ever using it. I gotta hang onto though, someday something might happen to my Remington 700 muzzleloader.

Or that ridiculous .375/06 that I’ve been tinkering with for years, but have never really done much with. Someday I’ll get around to it.

Or the Weatherby Mark V .270 Wby that I just had to have because it was a deal. Never mind that I already had one that is identical to it. Better hang on to that one. One of my daughters might wanna use it.

Can’t forget about that Remington M700 CDL SF in .300 Win Mag that I bought
”Just in Case”, haven’t so much as picked it up in a couple years, let alone mounted a scope on it or even fired it. But I might someday.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Regret selling a Browning BLR 270 that looked like it fell out of a truck. It would shoot factory Remington 130 gr Core-Lokt into 1/2" groups. My BIL saw me do it and couldn't believe. He sat down and also shot a 1/2" group.

My first centerfire was a new Browning A-Bolt 30/06 that thing couldn't shoot under 2" with no less than 8 different factory loads I tried. Sold that thing off and never looked back.

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Sold all my rifles except for an abolt 30-06 that can find a new home, to build rifles. I never looked back and won’t sell any of my current builds I shoot, just keep building new ones and re-barrel the shot out guns. One reason I buy the reamers for each rifle.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve sold a couple I regret.

I have also sold several to my Dad over the years, when I needed money. I’ve bought a few of them back. A super grade Winchester, a couple early Ruger single six’s, a couple early Ruger red pad bolts. He’s got a handful more that I sold to him that he won’t let go of. One I want really bad. But he says it’s his “favorite deer rifle.” Last time he hunted with it was 2014 🙄