Gunner Kennels

CoonHntr

Four Pointer
Anyone here use the Gunner Kennels for their mutts? I am looking a decent kennel to haul the dog around, mainly to and from the coast on the weekends. He has been riding shotgun, but I'm getting tired of vacuuming dog hair every trip.

Thoughts from anyone who uses one??

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
they are the best it seems

they are the most expensive it seems

I was thinking of them, went with Ruff Tuff instead

lots of folks I train / test with use them

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
One lives in the back of my truck. I’ve had it a few years now and it’s holding up great. Besides being big and heavy I don’t think there is a safer way to carry the pups around.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone here use the Gunner Kennels for their mutts? I am looking a decent kennel to haul the dog around, mainly to and from the coast on the weekends. He has been riding shotgun, but I'm getting tired of vacuuming dog hair every trip.

Thoughts from anyone who uses one??
I prefer Dakota kennels. I know a dealer and can get you a discount code for them.

Ruffland/Rough tough's are fine, but for the price, I don't like the door; it has the same mechanism basically as a walmart crate. And my one dog is a d*** and will escape the hingepin doors (fishes a dewclaw through it and comes and finds me to make sure I'm not having fun without him.)

Gunners are the superior product, but too heavy IMO, heavy enough that I don't think I'd want to be moving the thing around. And, my wife and I move them around often enough between cars and into the house that it's a consideration.

Dakota seemed to be the happy medium for us. I can fit two of the Mediums in the back of her 4Runner without putting the rear seats down. I can fit two of them in my Rav4 in an L shape putting the seats down. I can manipulate it easy enough for easy hose out. The latch/lock mechanism is better. We had a large and a medium and sold the large. For travel, I like the medium both for my larger dog (75 pounds but rangy/skinny) and the 65 lb female (stockier, bordering on "thick.")

My only complaint is that you have to make sure the door is totally shut. They used to have a rattling door problem that made people nuts and they fixed it but you have to push the door all the way in to make sure the latch closes 100%. Not a big deal.

kingsize

Four Pointer
I have an intermediate Gunner kennel in the bed of my truck at all times. I prefer it over the ruff tuff because it’s insulated and has a locking door. If I had an SUV I probably would have kept the ruff tuff

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Use a Gunner for my lab, like it and have no complaints. Is a lil heavy but it’s built like a tank and I move it around no problem.

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
Mine has been great and stays in truck . Great kennels. As stated above they are HEAVYWEIGHTS.....