Gunner Kennel cover

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
If any of you guys have a gunner kennel you know how absurdly expensive the all weather kit is. For under $100 you can have a durable and waterproof alternative with some minor diy work.
I have a large gunner and it just so happens that a 16 bushel laundry cart liner is almost the exact same dimensions. I got one today from one of my customers after thinking about how great of a cover it would be every time I saw one.
I need to figure out the best way to cut the door and tie down opening and will update with pics when it’s done.

Reactions: TH7

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Wow you could have a grand tied up pretty fast in one of those systems. I bet with what you are talking about a local sew shop could cut and stitch up what you need for not much money.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Yea I think so. I may be getting a sewing machine from the same customer. If I do I’ll try to tackle the project myself. I think any cuts just need to trimmed with webbing. Might add some snaps to make a roll up door.

TH7

Eight Pointer
Good luck. I'm a fan of the Gunner business. Although I have not got one for the dog. They usually run black Friday deals. Might look out for those on a cover. Which the covers do seem high for what they are. The horse mats at tractor supply would make a good mat for the bottom If you need one.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I went cheap on the mat too. Cut up an anti-fatigue mat from a customer to fit.
Still working on how to cut the kennel cover.