Gun sale question

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
I am going to part with a gun in order to pay off some medical bills but I haven't done so in a long time. It's a Rock River Arms LAR-9 upper with LAR-15 lower (tactical stock), UTG rail system, Hogue grip, 32rd 9mm mag. All in all, about $1300 invested and less than 150rds ran through it. Would $900 be a respectable price point in a used gun market?

2nd question, with it being a 9mm upper, is there any specific permits required to purchase it or does it still fall under long gun regulations?

Thanks in advance.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a rifle so no pistol purchase permit or carry permit needed.

There is not much market for iron sighted AR-15s in any caliber unforunately.

It seems everyone wants a flat top with a red dot.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
When did you buy it?

ARs are cheap right now....so if you bought it before trump took office you probably have more invested that it will bring.

That being said you can put it up for sale at $900 and see where it goes. Better for the seller to start high and come down if you need to.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
As others have said, it's a buyer's market right now. I bought a used Oracle DPMS around 2014 for $700 and everyone told me I got a great deal. I've listed it three times for $450 and gotten no interest. I'll just have to wait on the next ban-scare or Democrat President.

Funny thing, right after the 2016 election, I started seeing ads on ArmsList like "M&P Sport II, never fired, still in box, two available". That guy bought those guns before the election expecting Hillary to win and he'd double his money. Didn't work out for him that time.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
If you can set up a time to speak with the doctor privately, ask him if he'd accept a rifle as payment. You'll even meet him at the range and show him how to shoot and maintain it.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you can set up a time to speak with the doctor privately, ask him if he'd accept a rifle as payment. You'll even meet him at the range and show him how to shoot and maintain it.
More dr.s' than not nowadays work for conglomerates like Novant and those days are gone.

Some gun trading and some gun smithing was exactly how my father paid for my braces but we aren't even going there on how long ago that was.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns

If it were a family doc, that might be an option but not an oncologist who is part of a larger cancer network.