Gun regret

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I have not experienced regret yet since I've never gotten rid of a gun.

Same for me. The only one of mine I "sold" was a single shot 243 given to my brother so my niece had something to shoot growing up.
I'm happy. I only killed a couple deer with it, but she has killed a PILE of stuff with that little gun.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
A Remington 870 Wingmaster I grew up hunting with. Hunted everything with it and killed most everything with it. But had to have something newer and fancier. I sold it to a guy and later on realized my mistake. Went and bought it back only to find out he had the barrel sawed off and Colonial chokes installed. Sad day.
Put another barrel on it.....best shotgun ever made.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
I wish I had the custom 7x57 Spanish Mauser with a very nice walnut stock I had years ago. After working the safety to accommodate a stock and finding the load it liked it could shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards all day long. Sadly I traded it towards a BAR .270 but always wish I had kept it as it was a superb deer rifle.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Bought a lightly used Win 94 in 30-30 from a co-worker for $100.00 back about 1980 but was unimpressed with the accuracy so sold it to another co-worker for the same price; fool move as they are going for several hundred now and would like to have it back just to have it. Also sold a pre-Model 10 S&W M&P .38 Special manufactured in 1929 to a co-worker who wanted it for home protection but with the caveat that I got right of first refusal at the same price should he want to get rid of it. Well, he wanted to upgrade back a few years ago and I have my Smith back and it will stay home from now on.

sll

Four Pointer
Remington 700 Classic in 220 Swift. I have owned a few Swifts but have no idea why I got rid of that awesome shooting sporter weight. That was a 1992 model when Remington cared about quality also.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'd like to have my stainless redhawk 44mag 5.5" that was stolen. Also, my camo savage axis .270 that was stolen at the same time.

Insurance made it right financially, but it still hurts cause the redhawk was beautiful and accurate. The axis helped kill my first deer and after a trigger job would shoot the :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk out of a gnat at 100 yards.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Hoss

Eight Pointer
Winchester model 92, 38 55 traded for a 12 ga browning bps that was straight up junk.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A good friend from high school days moved to Florida after graduation. He picked up a Remington 700 BDL SS in .300 Win Mag for a steal and brought it to me. I've never seen another one like it. It was stainless steel, but the darkest SS I've ever seen. It was also very accurate. I hunted with it and took a few deer, but decided I didn't need that much gun for deer so I sold it. The friend that got it for me is now gone, the rifle has been gone for a long time, and I've never had another rifle as accurate as that one was.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Lets see...

Dan Wesson 44 Mag. Sold it to a family member that had his FFL with the caveat to offer it back 1st.

The SKS I bought at 18..