Gun control bill introduced into NCGA- HB 86

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

Anti gunners wish list! All Democrat sponsors.
Puts a.ll kinds of controls on loaning or transferring to your kids a rifle or shotgun plus much more.

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED AN ACT TO REQUIRE A PERMIT FOR THE PURCHASE OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON OR lONG GUN; TO REQUIRE A 72-HOUR WAITING PERIOD BEFORE A PURCHASED FIREARM MAY BE DELIVERED OR OTHERWISE POSSESSED; TO PROHIBIT THE 5 SALE OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON OR LONG GUN TO PERSONS UNDER A CERTAIN 6 AGE; TO PROHIBIT THE SALE OR POSSESSION OF A BUMP STOCK OR TRIGGER 7 CRANK; TO REQUIRE THE SAFE STORAGE OF A FIREARM; TO REVISE 8 RECIPROCITY LAW FOR A CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT; TO REQUIRE THE 9 REPORTING OF A LOST OR STOLEN FIREARM; TO REQUIRE ANY PERSON WHO 10 OWNS A FIREARM TO CARRY FIREARM LIABILITY INSURANCE; TO LIMIT THE SIZE OF AMMUNITION MAGAZINES; TO REPEAL THE PREEMPTION OF LOCAL 12 REGULATION OF FIREARMS; AND TO ALLOW THE DESTRUCTION OF A SEIZED FIREARM

Last edited:

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
In the state House, Republicans held 76 seats out of 120 last year. In November, we lost 11, so now it's 65/55. The Senate is about 30/20 Republican/Democrat. The Governor would sign it if it landed on his desk. We are just ten seats away from this becoming law. If you are like me, it's easy to laugh at the silliness, like how anyone could think barrel shrouds make a difference one way or another. But these people are dangerous, and they will not stop until they get what they want.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Assault weapons by definition are select fire and thereby NFA items. So yes they already require a permit. They will keep pushing, you will see a civil war this country has never seen before. I’m not a doom and gloom fella but this country is a giant powder keg right now. The spark is coming, only question is when. Once people realize that the government does not care what they want and the citizens essentially don’t matter they will start casting something else besides votes.

Last edited:
Assault weapons by definition are select fire and thereby NFA items. So yes they already require a permit. They will keep pushing, you will see a civil war this country has never seen before. I’m not a doom and gloom fella but this country is a giant powder keg right now. The spark is coming, only question is when. Once people realize that the government does not care what they want and the citizens essentially don’t matter they will start casting something else besides votes.
Assault weapons my ass. Dont come into my house uninvited. The 2nd amendment dosent discern arms. What is your definition of assault weapon? Something that protect your family and home perhaps? If your uninvited and causing trouble in my home you can bet your ass you will be assulted. And if it comes to it with a rifle.

Last edited:

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Assault weapons my ass. Dont come into my house uninvited. The 2nd amendment dosent discern arms. What is your definition of assault weapon? Something that protect your family and home perhaps? If your uninvited and causing trouble in my home you can bet your ass you will be assulted. And if it comes to it with a rifle.

I think he gave the definition of assault weapons being select fire capable in his statement....

And you’re right. The amendment doesn’t discern arms.
Repeal the NFA!

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Is it just me or is the term "transfer" vague in this section? Would one reasonably think it applies to a temporary transfer?

Am I reading too much into it?

Additionally, it is unlawful for any person in this State to receive a pistol, assault weapon, or long gun unless a period of 72 hours has passed from the date of purchase, or agreement to give away or transfer, the pistol, assault weapon, or long gun.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer

Maybe you should educate yourself sir, assault weapon is an actual definition. Idiots and Democrats misquote it all the time. It by definition is capable of select fire (ie full auto/burst fire). Not sure your knowledge of firearms but fully automatic weapons are covered under the National firearms act of 1934, which required a tax stamp and regulated their sale/transfer. This was further regulated in 1986. What I said is correct, assault weapons require a permit of sorts- a tax stamp and an extensive background check through the BATF. My last “stamp” took 22 months. My statement had nothing to do with you protecting your family. My sure your DPMS doesn’t have a “fun switch”.

NFA unfortunately will never be repealed fully, we can just hope we get the mufflers and SBR/SBS/AOWs off it.

Maybe you should educate yourself sir, assault weapon is an actual definition. Idiots and Democrats misquote it all the time. It by definition is capable of select fire (ie full auto/burst fire). Not sure your knowledge of firearms but fully automatic weapons are covered under the National firearms act of 1934, which required a tax stamp and regulated their sale/transfer. This was further regulated in 1986. What I said is correct, assault weapons require a permit of sorts- a tax stamp and an extensive background check through the BATF. My last “stamp” took 22 months. My statement had nothing to do with you protecting your family. My sure your DPMS doesn’t have a “fun switch”.

NFA unfortunately will never be repealed fully, we can just hope we get the mufflers and SBR/SBS/AOWs off it. You can take your tax stamp and shove it.
And like I said its not constitutional! Maybe you should educate yourself on the second amendment. It doesn't say anything about your so called assault weapons. You can take that 1934 tax stamp and stick it!

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
And like I said its not constitutional! Maybe you should educate yourself on the second amendment. It doesn't say anything about your so called assault weapons. You can take that 1934 tax stamp and stick it!

I gave the definition of an assault weapon which was correct. It’s is not simply a “weapon” used to “assault” someone. Never did I comment as to the constitutionality of the act. But I’ll stop here, no need to engage in further ad hominem attacks.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Lets discuss the bill and who is behind it.

Basically NC Dems elected a huge gun control proponent to the NC General Assembly

State Rep Christy Clark of Mecklenburg County was the former head of Moms Demand Action (gun control) organization in NC.

She is the primary driver behind this gun control wish list.

Now the Democrats are lining up to cosponsor it:

17 Democrat sponsors as of 2/15/19

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Nah. It's not. Too many fat, comfortable, softies for that to happen. Nope. The most that will happen is passive non compliance.

After they shoot and/or arrest the first hundred or so that organize the rest will fall right in line.

You're about to see the payoff of the stranglehold the left has on culture and schooling. Nowhere near enough patriots exist anymore

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Unfortunately, in this day & age, it would probably be house-to-house like the arrest of Roger Stone a few weeks ago:

".....In the early pre-dawn hours on a Friday morning, 29 heavily armed, trained Federal agents in full body armor from 17 vehicles, swarmed the home of Roger Stone to arrest him....."

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LMBO! They'll have to bus'em in down east! There aren't 29 cops in the entire county and none that I know would do it anyway....

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I've got a friend in LE and asked him if it ever came to it, would he take part in the confiscation of guns. He said no way and that would go for 90 percent of officers.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I've got a friend in LE and asked him if it ever came to it, would he take part in the confiscation of guns. He said no way and that would go for 90 percent of officers.

Then they will deputize people who will and fire/ arrest all of the ones who won't. Declare martial law and send in UN peacekeepers. Think about that....United Nations peacekeepers. You think there aren't hundreds of thousands of wanna be Peter Strzoks out there?

Then they will deputize people who will and fire/ arrest all of the ones who won't. Declare martial law and send in UN peacekeepers. Think about that....United Nations peacekeepers. You think there aren't hundreds of thousands of wanna be Peter Strzoks out there?
It most likely wont come to that. They will go after the manufactures first, like they are now suing them for liable. Next they will ban semi autos. Next they will make you carry insurance to own a gun. There goal is to make it too expensive to own one. I dont believe it will ever come to door to door. They dont have the cojones to face whats waiting for them on the other side. You are correct some will cave but many will not. I believe its more like 50%. UN peacekeepers? LOL. The same ones that are in charge of policing the nuclear deals? They are Clueless. <iframe width="480" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
LMBO! They'll have to bus'em in down east! There aren't 29 cops in the entire county and none that I know would do it anyway....
Please tell me what county so I can add that one to my list of places I need to consider for retirement.

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
NC is changing faster than we ever expected. We are now the 9th most populated state in the U.S. As our cities and colleges continue to grow more liberals will get elected. Ben Shapiro said just this week that if you do not want liberal children then do not send them to liberal universities.
People like me are dinosaurs. We had gun raffles at my High School even after Columbine. Everyone kept gun in truck for hunting after school and so forth. Many of you did the same and those younger have heard the stories. There are always those that take it to the extreme and have to have an open carry everywhere they go including Cabela's. I try and be more like Andy Griffin but remember that you better be ready to use a gun when you point it at someone. By all means pull the trigger if your life depends on it but be ready to deal with the consequences.

Education is everything. When kids do not grow up around guns they do understand how important legal private gun ownership is to the survival of our Republic!

Our Government needs to fear the constituents that they represent. I am sure that many people are not happy with the new freshmen members of Congress that they elected to represent them on Capital Hill. They make Nancy Pelosi look like a Conservative. Our Constitution was specifically designed for this very reason.

Philjam

Spike
If the post turtles pass laws that violate the Constitution, they reveal themselves as oath breakers. Not that anything ever comes of that ........yet.