Guitar players

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Any other guitar players here? I've been playing ~20 years or so now. Should probably be better than I am but ehh, it'll be ok. Been back and forth between serious and just messing around. Haven't been in a band or played with others in a long long time. I enjoy playing and modding guitars. Mostly Duncan pickups and better wiring, tuners, etc.
I play a variety from blues, classic rock, 80's metal, and some country, and whatever else I feel like.
Anybody else here into guitars and stuff?
Man, I have expensive hobbies lol.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
LT you know how much I'd love to have that thing. Older son Devin has taken my two single 12s and a small 10 and is refurbishing them as we speak. The speakers are in rough shape especially the 10. Some idiot punched a hole in the paper with a pencil so it would sound like it was through a fuzz pedal. I really regret doing that but I was young and dumb.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Any other guitar players here? I've been playing ~20 years or so now. Should probably be better than I am but ehh, it'll be ok. Been back and forth between serious and just messing around. Haven't been in a band or played with others in a long long time. I enjoy playing and modding guitars. Mostly Duncan pickups and better wiring, tuners, etc.
I play a variety from blues, classic rock, 80's metal, and some country, and whatever else I feel like.
Anybody else here into guitars and stuff?
Man, I have expensive hobbies lol.

View attachment 48348
Don't you hate it when you ask somebody if they play and they say, yeah I play a little. Then they start shredding like Jimmy Page or Vince Gill. I started playing in 1964 when I first heard the Beatles. I went through so many different bands that I can't remember them all. I never made any significant money but that didn't matter. I'll be 71 in a few days and now I just play for the joy of playing and learning new stuff. Both my sons play multiple instruments and are much better than I am. And I'm ok with that. We usually get together for a charity gig once or twice a year. Now that's fun. Anyway, if you play now just keep playing the world needs more music.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I pretend to play.... I just added one to the count a few days ago. I absolutely love it. Taylor 324ce.

0530cee30cac7a429f106d6fe258782e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been playing 40+ yrs.

‘14 Martin 000-28H
‘95 Martin D-28
‘99 Taylor 414ce
‘17 Taylor 814ceSB
‘17 Godin Multiac Steel Duet Ambiance

SM270

Ten Pointer
I play quite a few instruments. One I have always wanted to play is the piano. Not the whole classical deal. More boogie music, Jerry Lee style stuff amazes me when I hear or see it.
Wish the wife would green light a Les Paul bass for me but she just rolls her eyes every time.

double

Twelve Pointer
I have been trying off and on for 20 years. I can get by with others if I have to. It never completely clicks for me and I give up for a year then start back and the cycle continues.

Cyperry

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I play quite a few instruments. One I have always wanted to play is the piano. Not the whole classical deal. More boogie music, Jerry Lee style stuff amazes me when I hear or see it.
Wish the wife would green light a Les Paul bass for me but she just rolls her eyes every time.

Don’t knock the classical deal... you wouldn’t have boogie woogie without it. [emoji16]

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
I’ve been playing for like 20 days 😂 I used to pick a little bit with my uncle and grandfather when I was a child, but that was many moons ago. Just some guitars, a mandolin, harmonica, somebody might show up with a fiddle or banjo. Old timey stuff. I just got back into relearning some basic stuff in the hopes that one day I can share those memories of sitting in the living room picking with a couple of friends and family with my future kids.

Vannoyboy

Eight Pointer
Playing a guitar? I guess that is what you could call it. Nothing serious, just (playing). I have an old Yamaha 450S and enjoy it. I had an HD28 but someone wanted it more than I did. I cannot, play well but just enough to light a fire in my grandson. He can burn the strings off his 28. We mostly play bluegrass. If you have the gift, use it.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Love those old sears silver tones. Ive got my dad's old 10xl and matching guitar he got in the early sixties. Guitar aint much to brag about but the old amp still fires up and sings. Still has original tubes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Been playing about 20 years now. Self admitted gear head who is never happy with tone. Bought, sold, and traded more guitars and amps than I'd like to admit. Finally learned its more about my hands than the equipment. I just ask to be please be considerate posting gear in the classifieds as I'm still battling my demons [emoji38].

Played in bands off and on, but recently got dragged back into playing with a local young guy who was looking for a backing band. Then the corona shut everything down.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Yup. Bluegrass is my main deal these days. Mostly rhythm, not much at picking the guitar. Play around with dobro, banjo, fiddle, mandolin and harmonica. My fave is the big doghouse bass.Bass Pix for John.jpg