Grilled or Baked Speckled Trout Recipes

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I assume you are talking about spotted sea trout. Brook trout are called speckled trout by locals.
Anyway, get a charcoal grill going. Place your fillets in a foil pan, cover with peppercorn salad dressing. Cover pan with foil, poke a few holes in the foil. When the heat has dropped to around 350 or so, place the pan on the grill. Done when it flakes easily (about ten minutes).
I once took four pans to a pig picking. Nobody ate the pig til the trout were gone..lol

la angler

Six Pointer
I like to grill them on foil place skin filets down add lemon slices along with sweet onions, salt and pepper. Don't over cook them only takes a few minutes very simple.

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
Use a pyrex dish, put a thin layer of olive oil in the bottom of it. Set your oven at 425 on broil. Coat fillets with oil and any seasonings you like. Cook for 8 minutes.

mattperry

Spike
Contributor
lay the fillets in a pan, melt 2 sticks of butter and pour in pan over fish. sprinkle in your favorite cajun seasoning onto exposed fish. place in oven at 350 for 35 minutes. in the meantime cook a pot of white rice. after 35 minutes take the pan out and drain all the butter/fish/cajun juice into the pot of rice and stir. slice a bar on monterey jack jack cheese and place slices over the fish, put back into oven until cheese is melted. bam!! so good. works well with trout/drum/rock/mahi

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
LMBO! I'm not sure I understand the question! Why would you do anything but fry'em? I know there are other ways but damn, I love fried trout! ;)

Because I've eaten fried trout once a week since July! My cholesterol levels have probably gone up 20% over the last few months. :D

Place fillets in Pyrex dish cover with fat free Italian dressing. cover with plastic wrap in the microwave for 3--5 or until done depending on thickness. For some reason the fat free dressing cooks better. IMO