Great White Caught Off Fla Beach

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
That's cool...if you look at the related stories underneath,it says a 10 foot great white attacked a trolling motor on a fishing boat back in January near there....maybe the same one?

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's cool...if you look at the related stories underneath,it says a 10 foot great white attacked a trolling motor on a fishing boat back in January near there....maybe the same one?

I bet that would draw your boxer shorts up tight!!:skeerd:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of their tagged/tracked great whites spent considerable time in Pamlico Sound just recently....

Willie

Twelve Pointer
I believe it's only a matter of time before someone is bitten/eaten by one of these white sharks in the surf on the east coast. Lots and lots of seals hanging around Md, Va, and NC nearshore/on shore.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I believe it's only a matter of time before someone is bitten/eaten by one of these white sharks in the surf on the east coast. Lots and lots of seals hanging around Md, Va, and NC nearshore/on shore.

I think these are the same that they are seeing during the summer off Mass. or Cape Cod that have been spotted just off shore with a beach full of swimmers. Just a matter of time.

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
There's a guy that does shark research out of Oregon Inlet. He uses a very small longline setup and has caught a bunch of them them VERY close to our beaches in the summer. Even without all the great whites, if everyone knew the numbers of other big sharks he catches near shore it would keep a lot of folks out of the water.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
There's a guy that does shark research out of Oregon Inlet. He uses a very small longline setup and has caught a bunch of them them VERY close to our beaches in the summer. Even without all the great whites, if everyone knew the numbers of other big sharks he catches near shore it would keep a lot of folks out of the water.

If you think thats something you should take a plane/chopper ride down the NC/SC coast in the summer. The amount of sharks between the SHORE and people would make most people never stick a toe back in the ocean again.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I had a minimum of a 10 ft hammer head chase a stingray onto shore this past summer less than 10 yards where i was surf fishing on Topsail N. Never seen anything like it before, and win i say min 10 ft im just referring to the part of his back i could see, there was a few more feet to his head that didnt break, and his dorsal was 2ft tall. The stingray he chased out got stuck for a min and was almost a yard across wing to wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
I have been fishing inside of the morehead inlet and seen several hammerheads. One was right off the jettings of radio island, and the other was right off my uncle dock just a few blocks down from sanitary. Both were pretty big. Around 8' or so I would guess.

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
I've seen two white sharks in my lifetime while fishing. One was feeding on a school of Mackerel half a mile off Block Island completely coming out of the water, amazing watching them. Never did I have a desire to catch them.

D1RICH1

Ten Pointer
I had a minimum of a 10 ft hammer head chase a stingray onto shore this past summer less than 10 yards where i was surf fishing on Topsail N. Never seen anything like it before, and win i say min 10 ft im just referring to the part of his back i could see, there was a few more feet to his head that didnt break, and his dorsal was 2ft tall. The stingray he chased out got stuck for a min and was almost a yard across wing to wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you continue to surf fish?

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Mary Lee was on Yaupon one day when I was fishing in my kayak.

Serious pucker factor lol

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Spent a good bit of my life on, in, or under the water. It's a pretty unforgiving environment but honestly, the biggest danger you face is you. If you keep your wits about you and don't act like food you stand a much better chance of not being supper.