great new pinhoti video

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Full of instruction and fun stuff:
Calling them close but they wont stop
Jake "dancing with himself" :)
Value of aggressive calling
Perfect example when a decoy would have probably made it a slam dunk
And some fine work changing calls to get them in.

I hope you like it as much as I did,

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Probably one of my least favorite episodes, he wouldn’t shut up long enough to hear the turkey gobble lol

dhsten

Ten Pointer
0115a2b8cf0e7c62f7ea80bf2942319f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Can't say anything negative about Dave's calling and a dead turkey hanging on the tree, except I wonder if he'd have come in close enough the first time by with a little bit more of a restrained approach... But after watching the turkeys skirt his world champion mouth call work, then come in on the less-turkeyish trumpet, I'll probably reach for a wingbone more often this spring just to give it more play-time.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Probably one of my least favorite episodes, he wouldn’t shut up long enough to hear the turkey gobble lol
That's the cool thing about the sport. You go one way or the other (call or not) and know immediately whether you did the right thing.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
I havent carried the wing bone in a few years but after watching that I am pretty sure it will be in the vest this year. I like the way he tried something different to turn that bird around. He sure gave Courtney some grief about not getting it on camera ut she wasnt having it and told him about it and thought it was funny

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Can't say anything negative about Dave's calling and a dead turkey hanging on the tree, except I wonder if he'd have come in close enough the first time by with a little bit more of a restrained approach... But after watching the turkeys skirt his world champion mouth call work, then come in on the less-turkeyish trumpet, I'll probably reach for a wingbone more often this spring just to give it more play-time.
It definitely twisted my arm to throw a wingbone or trumpet in my vest. When I watched I thought "Well, I can sound that bad."

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
when you get on the wingbone, trumpet, or cane bandwagon remember what you saw in this video.
he's fumbling with the trumpet as the turkey nears.
I've been addicted to a cane caller since i quit using a vest and carry most of my calls on a lanyard.
They'll respond to it and i like to play it BUT it's pretty hard to work without a lot of hand movement.
I recently asked the gentlemen that were kind enough to take me on my first trip what they did with that type of call as the turkey got close. They have probably killed more with a wingbone that most people have with any call.
They both told me the same thing.
They shut up and let it play out (turkey find you) or they go to a mouth call.

if you dont understand my point you will when you get one coming to you via the wingbone. ;)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
when you get on the wingbone, trumpet, or cane bandwagon remember what you saw in this video.
he's fumbling with the trumpet as the turkey nears.
I've been addicted to a cane caller since i quit using a vest and carry most of my calls on a lanyard.
They'll respond to it and i like to play it BUT it's pretty hard to work without a lot of hand movement.
I recently asked the gentlemen that were kind enough to take me on my first trip what they did with that type of call as the turkey got close. They have probably killed more with a wingbone that most people have with any call.
They both told me the same thing.
They shut up and let it play out (turkey find you) or they go to a mouth call.

if you dont understand my point you will when you get one coming to you via the wingbone. ;)
Many an old timer will tell you at some point you gotta shut up so he'll stop strutting an start walking.