Great first hunt with Batman

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You couldn't have knocked the smile off my face with a shovel. I took Batman and Rampage out for a round. To the best of my understanding this was the first night time hunt for Bat. He did just as I expected at first but gradually went on out to close to 500 yds with Rampage.

At one time Rampage got on something he opened on a few times which he had never done. Bat opened also with him. They got close to a road near some house dogs so I toned them in and. We moved around. They were hunting in and out and I was sitting there thinking if nothing else happens it really had been a pretty decent first hunt the way he was getting out.

I checked the Garmin and Rampage was about 600 yds at the 3:00 position and Bat was about 180 yds straight out in front of me when it was showing him checking up. I really didn't think anything about it to he started treeing and he was serious. I just sat there a little while waiting to see what Rampage was going to do and he can in and checked it and backed him so I eased down there. It was a big white oak and of course full of leaves.I couldn't find the coon and hate that but I am completely happy really, I know I have plenty of chances ahead of me to knock some out to him.