Grandson's First Bow Kill and it's a nice velvet 12 pointer

poppop

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's been a long road for my grandson to take a buck with a bow. When he was 7 or 8 he took a small buck with a gun with his other grandpa and that is all the only other buck he had shot. He is one of those young people who is hyper active plus 2 and that has hurt him in the stands he hunts. Last week when Skylar and I was scouting looking for sheds we jumped this buck running with one a little larger. We had a ladder stand close by we hadn't used in years so we cleared out a shooting lane to an old fence for a 30 yard shot. We placed a camera and saw a lot of buck activity, but never saw this buck. Yesterday evening I was cleaning up around the hunting house and a Noah called me about 6:30 and asked me to come and help him track a buck he shot with his bow. When I got there he showed me where the group of four bucks were standing when he shot his, they had been feeding on persimmons. They were behind him, behind a brier patch and luckily he had a small window clear through some trees for a good shot. He directly me to where the buck was standing when he shot and I found the arrow. The Muzzy 100 grain had a clear pass thru but there was not much blood on the fletching which worried me. Noah showed me where he ran, and there was not one drop of blood that I could find. We started making circles and soon got discouraged as it was getting dark. I believe in the power of Prayer and I asked for help on this creature of God with the promise to donate some of the meat to a needy person. In less than a minute, I found the buck in a small grove of persimmon trees. I called Noah that I found the buck and the grin on his face tells it all. IMG_5281.JPG

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's awesome! Good on the young man for a good shot and good on you for helping him take a great buck!