Got my tickets ? !

Guybo

Eight Pointer
I just got my tickets for Metallica coming to the pnc center in Raleigh January 28 ?. I've been to alot of concerts in my time but never been to a Metallica show. They are also coming to Charlotte in October. They don't seem to tour the us very often so I'm really glad to get tickets especially this close to home. I'm looking forward to going ?.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just wait until Hetfield plays "One" and switches back and forth between guitars.

They don't disappoint a live audience!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Bought mine the day before they went on sale. They are in the safe now!!

I'll say this. They will put on a SHOW! however.....BarSinister would be disappointed if he compared them. He got to see them at their peak.

The song Hetfield changes guitars is usually Unforgiven or Nothing Else matters. Both of which I hope they will not play.

Walnut Creek I think in 95 was a good show.

Don't think They've played Raleigh since then.

I saw them in Mile High Stadium before it got torn down on my Birthday way back. Twas very good. I miss Jason!!!!!

But I am spoiled.

I do NOT think anyone with tickets should youtube "Seattle 89" before they see the 2019 show. We will all be heart broken. The intensity isn't near the same (nor should we expect it to be). (there is a good youtube video about "old metallica vs new metallica"

We will see a very choreographed concert, with James starting out wearing his vest, then this, then that etc. Years ago, except for Creeping Death, you had no idea what song was coming up next, and James used to kick the song list and lyrics list to the side with his boot by the second song lol.

What really bothers me is they are saying the parking lot doesn't open up until 5 pm?!?!?! For a 7:30 show?!?!?!?! My buddies and I are planning on going in on a school bus with grills many hours earlier. PNC needs to change that. One thing I've noticed. Metallica is usually not a "drunk" crowd compared to Buffet or Phish etc.

I was upset a bit about the pricing as well, but they are quite mainstream now. for $700 or so, I could have gotten great seats AND a selfie with the band................................?!?!?!?! They used to be SO AGAINST that kind of thing.

I took both days off. I believe in only a few things about concerts.

#1, Any night time concert should involve Lightning. only .001% of them do, this one will.

#2 If you go to a concert, you should probably need the next day off (exhaustion). Not a hangover (buffet), not got home late (country), but "I can't move my arms or legs (hard rock).

I'm in section 106. Where are you and if we can get in at noon lets meet up!!!!

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
I’ve seen many many shows, big ones little ones big bands in their prime and before and after. I would sooo love to see Metallica!!! I wouldn’t pay 150 bucks for nose bleed seats for anybody. Maybe I’m getting old but dayum!!! 450 bones to sit on the floor up close?!?! Naaa, they’re a fraction of what they used to be and I’m afraid I’ll have to pass on this........ I hope they rock the roof off the place. .

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Saw them in '88 on the Monsters of Rock tour. Dokken, Scorpions, Kingodm Come, Metallica, and Van Halen. They are a little more polished now. lol.
That's the era I like.

I haven't paid Metallica any attention since the Black album.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
I'm glad you're getting to see them. Saw them in '88 in Fayetteville and at Indio in 2011 with the Big 4 show. Not really into them anymore, but I'm happy for anyone who still is.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
I've never really considered going to see them but I think I want to! I listen to them more now that when I was "young"!

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
I think I have seen them 4 times. This time I got 4 tickets and it cost me an arm and a leg.

Their ticket prices are three times what they were just a few years ago.

“We did some tests in the last couple of years. We realized the top price for a Metallica ticket could be much higher than it used to be, and we charged it – and there was no audience pushback on it. Shows that might have made X now made 3X. The ticket price thing has changed everything.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/metallica-ticket-prices-tripled/

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I bought tickets during the Citi Card presale for Raleigh. Honestly, this is where concert ticket prices are for just about anyone these days. When I saw GNR in DC last year, they were 130 I believe for decent seats. Foo Fighters were 100'ish dollars as well. I think the Rolling Stones went for 250'ish when they played Carter Finley, which I did not go to. Every major performer, old or current is 100 dollar plus a ticket. It is what it is at this point.