Got another one down last night!

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Finally dropped one of the big boars that has been elusive last night. He has been on camera everyday for over a month. All the sows and smaller boars come in like clockwork, he always stays on the perimeter just out of sight.
7:30 last night and he made a mistake walking right in!
92543b93d948fc0589d4112cb5dae9c7.jpg

867638f116ba1ba2c30321acd3b54d5c.jpg
f9751718350747715e6790288b8d1602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Even as big as this boar was I don’t think he was more than a few generations away from a domestic hog. Almost no cutters and really did not have the armor that a hog this size should have.
No foul smell at all and the meat was the prettiest white I have ever seen on a boar.
Also I just ran out of my breakfast sausage last week so I’m glad to restock the freezer

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Even as big as this boar was I don’t think he was more than a few generations away from a domestic hog. Almost no cutters and really did not have the armor that a hog this size should have.
No foul smell at all and the meat was the prettiest white I have ever seen on a boar.
Also I just ran out of my breakfast sausage last week so I’m glad to restock the freezer

Anywhere near the Casons Oldfield area?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
crew I deer hunt with some dog hunts them there in Anson,,,,you all have some hog issues,,,mostly chowder heads releasing them I think

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
crew I deer hunt with some dog hunts them there in Anson,,,,you all have some hog issues,,,mostly chowder heads releasing them I think

Yea we have a hog problem, no doubt about that. I have 3 pictures of deer on this property since mid December. Have not seen a turkey in over a year. This was once our best turkey property. You would hear 3-4 gobblers every morning now nothing. 3 of us have been hunting it hard since January along with a couple guest and no one is seeing deer, only hogs.
Good news is the hogs are pretty predictable at the feeders every evening. I can tell you within an hour when they should show up. I think there has been 6 taken off here in the past 3 weeks.
A sow just pooped out 8-10 new footballs last week so we definitely are not putting a dent in them.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No. Our place is between Pageland and Chesterfield

There was a hog farm a few miles south of Casons Oldfield that turned a significant number loose years ago. It has been long enough that any domestic traits should be gone by now, but those may possibly be decendents of those. Not sure at all though. They could have come from anywhere.

TKL

Four Pointer

His snout does not look all that long in the picture either. I would guess that he had a lot of potential to have been relocated to that area for sure.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good job on the hog. Sounds like ya'll are barely keeping up with them despite the effort. I know there were some traps set down that way in the past. Not sure if that would have faster results. Hopefully other wildlife will move back in.