Got a bear cruising at the Rock

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Went up to the Rock today and was plowing when the guys who are renovating a house across the road stopped me .
He was parked in the road and proceeded to tell me of a bear that came across my field 2 weeks ago and started walking down Smith road on the white line.
He said the bear did not seem to be scared of them working and making noise. Bear just kept walking down the road he said.
Freaked some of the construction crew out:);)

Panthera

Eight Pointer
They are showing up everywhere nowadays. One was seen the other morning crossing Westchester Drive in High Point. Couple years ago a mother and two cubs invaded King Elementary School's playground while kids were outside..

RJ1

Ten Pointer
With the range that they have, could have been on your place 2 weeks ago and be 10 miles from there today according to the food sources in the area, may be one looking for a new home, I can tell you if they are good food sources in the area he/she will be back.

slickhead

Spike
He has been hanging around the house pretty sporadically about 5 miles east of there. Seen him 3 times. Around 250 lbs

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Just keep the picnic baskets up as well as trash, pet food, bird feeders and on and on they can be real pain

Reactions: RJ1

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Went up to the Rock today and was plowing when the guys who are renovating a house across the road stopped me .
He was parked in the road and proceeded to tell me of a bear that came across my field 2 weeks ago and started walking down Smith road on the white line.
He said the bear did not seem to be scared of them working and making noise. Bear just kept walking down the road he said.
Freaked some of the construction crew out:);)

If you are talking of Rockingham county there are more than you think there.

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am on the western side of Rockingham county near Stokes and Henry county Virginia

30/06

Twelve Pointer
We’ve been getting them in Caswell much more consistently, every year one shows up. Had one on camera last year and tracks in the mud in the river bottom about a mile or two from where I had pics.

They’re all over just north of us in VA, not surprising they’re spreading out.