Goose Creek

Adam1371

Button Buck
I’ve got my first permit hunt at Goose Creek on Tuesday, going Monday to check stuff out, but just wanted to see if anybody has hunted the Campbell Creek impoundments this year and if anybody has any tips or pointers on the area. It’s about 3 hours from me so not super easy to get eyes on.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
Use the bridges or have a way to cross the ditches. Expect the bottom to be soft. There are places in there I wouldn’t attempt to wade. A small canoe or similar boat to use inside is a wise choice.

Adam1371

Button Buck
We are planning on taking my buddies creek boat to get around inside the impoundment. We were thinking it would be a mess on the inside. He’s done some controlled burns right outside it but neither of us have ever been in there.

Don't walk around like mentioned above. Might be a few teal, gadwall or lone bluebill around. You get a good front coming through to hunt so I hope you get on some birds. Go with the expectation you may not kill anything but time, and you may be get surprised. It is very hit or miss.

Adam1371

Button Buck
Don't walk around like mentioned above. Might be a few teal, gadwall or lone bluebill around. You get a good front coming through to hunt so I hope you get on some birds. Go with the expectation you may not kill anything but time, and you may be get surprised. It is very hit or miss.
I’ve been really excited watching this front moving in tomorrow! And I usually hunt public, so I’m not new to getting skunked. I appreciate the advice

Adam1371

Button Buck
How was it?
It was pretty good. Only got a gadwall but saw tons of gadwalls, scoters, and pintails but couldn’t get in close enough to them. They mainly sat directly in the center of the impoundment, so if anyone is going to go hunt the Campbell creek 2 impoundment, I’d take a creek boat and go to the middle and set up some grass for a blind and hunt there. We had a good day and it was cool to get out there for the first time. Got there a little later than I wanted to because of the snow, so we only had about an hour to scout, but it is a nice impoundment and it’s absolutely slammed with ducks right now.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
It was pretty good. Only got a gadwall but saw tons of gadwalls, scoters, and pintails but couldn’t get in close enough to them. They mainly sat directly in the center of the impoundment, so if anyone is going to go hunt the Campbell creek 2 impoundment, I’d take a creek boat and go to the middle and set up some grass for a blind and hunt there. We had a good day and it was cool to get out there for the first time. Got there a little later than I wanted to because of the snow, so we only had about an hour to scout, but it is a nice impoundment and it’s absolutely slammed with ducks right now.
I've hunted that game land's impoundments but not Campbell creek. It's a nice place, no question. I've had more days where I didn't get great shooting but I've always seen decent amounts of birds. Glad you ahd a good morning.