Good year for black berries round here

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My favorite food is blackberry anything. Anybody else been picking. I've got quite few this year and they are good sized. Picked quart few minutes ago that'll make fine cobbler. Those dang Japanese beetles are showing up got to get them picked quick.

Attachments

• 0621191422.jpg
    0621191422.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 37

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Me and the kiddo picked a couple quarts last nite...fresh cobbler tonite !
They made real good this year.

I bet that Ive sold 3 dozen beetle traps today, they came out in full force in the past 2 days.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Me and the kiddo picked a couple quarts last nite...fresh cobbler tonite !
They made real good this year.

I bet that Ive sold 3 dozen beetle traps today, they came out in full force in the past 2 days.
Hate them dang beetles. Eat every thing as soon as they get done with berries and grapes they'll be all over my apple tree leaves

timber

Twelve Pointer
My early varities did good till birds figured them out Think later varities cpl weeks off

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a ziplock bag of them in the fridge right now. We are also having a BUMPER crop of blueberries off our bushes this year.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Just my luck. I'm in Virginia pet sitting while the blackberries get ripe back home in NC. No blackberries around these parts. Enjoy them, everyone!

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Use to pick a mess for my grandma. She’d make a blackberry roll, with real whipped cream. That’s good eatin’ right there.
Hope you enjoy them!!?

Use to do the same, but she would make cobbler. Grandfather would make homemade ice cream. I was a chunky little kid.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The jap. beetles were on my fig bush but seven dust knocked them down. I may have to mix up some seven spray and ride around and hit the blackberries just so there will be some for whatever if I don't get any picked. Rather the birds have them than the beetles.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
What is a blackberry roll?

Welp. I think... you make a black berry fresh crushed and sugar simple syrup little starch mixture. Then take cinnamon biscuits and flatten em out with a roller and a little flower.
You spread your slightly jellied black berry smash and spread it out on the flattened biscuits. Then roll it up. Then bake it or deep fry it. Then slice. [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have not paid much attention to the blackberries but my blueberry bushes are loaded and are starting to get ripe.

The Japanese beetles were so bad last year that I put a couple traps in the vicinity of my bushes and that made a huge difference. I caught around 5 gallons of beetles. I have a couple of new traps to hang when they start showing up again. I was amazed how well those traps worked.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
My tame ones will be ripe in about a week.
I’ve got enough wild ones ripening right now you fill up a five gallon bucket. But they are terrible. Either super bitter or super sour. The first year we moved here, everybody said it was because it was so dry, well that can’t be the case this year. Lived here for 3 years and they’ve been terrible every year. It’s a shame too because man sakes, a man could pick his fingers to a nub picking wild blackberries here.