Good News!! We may have a DuckMan as the new Skeet Refuge Manager.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Getting back to the start of this thread the refuge has a formal volunteer program and if you sign up (fill out a form) and then get together as a group you can have a little bit more influence as to what you want to do and accomplish. It's always good PR for a group to do something and get their name in the news. Good for the lake, good for the resource, and good for the volunteers and staff.
Do you have a link? I didn't find anything

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I haven't put in for a hunt up there in several years. The hunting got so poor it wasn't worth the drive and the overall cost of lodging, meals, and the refuge hunting tax.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Same for me too. Quit applying few years ago. Last time I went (4-5 years ago) we shot 1 duck in two days. But I found a field full of doves so the 3 of us shot 90 doves over two afternoons. šŸ˜

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Same for me too. Quit applying few years ago. Last time I went (4-5 years ago) we shot 1 duck in two days. But I found a field full of doves so the 3 of us shot 90 doves over two afternoons. šŸ˜
I love it when people adapt to the situation and are opportunistic in order to have fun. Bet it was a good dove shoot.