Good lighted bobber

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I started fishing at a new pond and the crappie bite really gets going at dark. I'm thinking a lighted bobber would make my life easier there when I stay late. I see there are some battery powered ones as well as glow stick style. I don't know anyone that has ever messed with them, so I figured I'd ask the question here. I'm leaning towards the battery powered ones because once you light a glow stick it's on for the duration, and then dead. There's a lot of inexpensive ones on Amazon, but they mostly have terrible reviews. Anyone have experience with them and can recommend what to get?
Joe

chumstain

Button Buck
Use the foam bobbers with a removable plastic peg. Replace the plastic peg with a small glow stick. Works like a charm and the small glow sticks are cheap. I use the Comal floats and ebay glow sticks.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I use the glow sticks.
Had great out of the ones I got from Amazon and Dollar Tree.
Think I found some that were 2.5 to 3 inch, 8" and the ones that mount on the rods.
Use them for surf fishing, catfish on the rods then jugs, floats, and bobbers.
Little tape or small zip tie work great to hold them. For some foam floats they are great to just poke a hole and stick them down into the foam.
Crack one and drop in livewell or cooler also.
One 6 or 8" one lights the inside of bait cooler surf fishing.