Good Job Nascar

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Lol,

Plenty of drivers saying rain then the leader MR kalm and Kool Kyle Busch wrecks amongst other leaders, then he rubs the pace car, then they shove a hot mike NEAR him so hear Eff Bombs etc in regards to whether or not stay and race a POS car.

Morons!

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
what he said on pit road will not be the problem. Trying to scare officials in pace car is another story. I don’t care for Kyle but will give him credit. He has a set and doesn’t hide emotions like some of the other drivers.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
my biggest gripe about about the race was cutting it 10 laps short.....it was getting dark but 5 more minutes would not have been a safety issue....if i was driving and knew the track was wet i would not drive into a corner full speed.....but nascar should have stopped it sooner for sure.....kyle held it in better than i expected......

OntheHunt

Four Pointer
It was entertaining for sure. Couldn't believe they had the mic on him. I expected him to really blow up during the interview.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I REALLY liked his interview! He said "I let off at the flag stand, no wait, it was after that, I don't want to exaggerate......." But he clearly let off early because he knew it was probably wet. I also liked "I can't say what I'm thinking".

Wonder if he'll get fined for the pace car incident? LOTS of other drivers have "bumped" the pace car (usually playfully), but now Nascar will have to decide if emotions can create punishment for similar acts going unpunished.

I think Kyle Busch 10 years ago would have WRECKED the pace car, then probably wrecked every car he could lined up on pit road during the red flag! He is, dare I say, maturing?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I think it would have been fitting for the whole field to pile pile up in turns 1&2 and had to cancel the whole race on lap 6.
They started the race in misty rain... I wonder why.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
And to my point above, two drivers already died on that track. Different circumstances, I know but, still.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think it would have been fitting for the whole field to pile pile up in turns 1&2 and had to cancel the whole race on lap 6.
They started the race in misty rain... I wonder why.

I actually attended a charlotte busch race where it was misty the whole day, but the track itself stayed dry and David Pearson (I think) put on a clinic. I was also at a Charlotte All Star Race where they let them loose on lap 1, and most EVERYBODY crashed into the rain in turn 2. They had a long red flag, I got polluted, they told teams to pull out their backup cars, and raced until the wee hours. One of my favorite evenings, or so I'm told.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
^^^ I really liked old school Nascar. Where ability would overcome the aero package. Racing was better to watch when the tires were worse.(bias ply). Or, at least not as advanced as they are now. Harder tires, less grip, more driving.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Anybody notice that three cars that spun out we're Gibbs cars. Something trick in the rear ends that caused the cars to wreck. Other cars went through at speed just fine. Could explain Kyle's reluctance to say to much.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Anybody notice that three cars that spun out we're Gibbs cars. Something trick in the rear ends that caused the cars to wreck. Other cars went through at speed just fine. Could explain Kyle's reluctance to say to much.
I told wife as it happened that was fishy looking.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
i guess nascar is ok with hitting the pace car if you mad at them....
Dave moody had a good point today. DE and several others have done it in the past being funny. It’s really no difference with what Kyle did. If wanted to wreck pace car he easily could have.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
To say he was trying to scare the officials in the pace car is way off base, in my opinion. He wanted them to know he was mad, and he did that. But beyond that, I feel certain he had no intentions. As stated, he could have done much worse if only he had wanted to.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Im not buying the "he didn't mean it because he could have done much worse if he'd wanted to" argument.

Its like saying "Its ok he waved his 1911 around at the mall and yelled at the police. He could have done so much worse if he'd wanted to."

specialk

Twelve Pointer
there are a few instances where some drivers had bumped the pace car in the past, most in jest and good nature but kyle did it in anger.....nascar should have sent out a warning to kyle on tuesday when they hand out penalties and set precedent that going forward any driver hitting the pace car during a race will be penalized bigly.... they chose not to so chances are it will happen again....

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^Yep..... this wasn't a Dale Jr., little bump in jest. If I remember correctly the pace car even got a little squirrley and they were even looking to see if it had any damage. Conditions also take into account. The track was wet, as Busch noted, and he could have spun the pace car out in front of the field, causing panic breaking by some drivers resulting in more damage. Not something that should have been overlooked.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Several drivers have rubbed the pace car in the past without penalties. No biggie, really.
My thoughts were "How did he get to the back of the pace car, without passing cars under the yellow ?" I never saw the footage of him doing it but, he lost positions during the spin I would've thought. Maybe he didn't ? Passing under the yellow carries a penalty in the race but, the car was retired without rejoining the field.
As far as only the Gibbs cars having traction issues.... they were the fastest things on the track at that point.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Kyle was technically the leader when the caution came out.

I think he should have received a formal warning also. Maybe he got one behind closed doors but it should be set forth to NEVER intentionally touch the pace car, for any reason.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Ahhh, yeah. I guess he was. Thought there was something about losing one's position. Maybe he didn't ? I didn't see one way or another.

About the open mic thing.... I wouldn't want a mic on me at work, much less if I was pizzed. Live tv is supposed to have a 3 minute delay (I thought) so network CHOSE to air it, IMO.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Ahhh, yeah. I guess he was. Thought there was something about losing one's position. Maybe he didn't ? I didn't see one way or another.

About the open mic thing.... I wouldn't want a mic on me at work, much less if I was pizzed. Live tv is supposed to have a 3 minute delay (I thought) so network CHOSE to air it, IMO.

I can't imagine there is much if any delay on live sporting events. Not with all of the curse words that clearly make it through. You ever watch golf and Rahm hits a bad shot? They had to apologize for him on 3 different holes one day lol. Now, I notice they don't get close to him anymore with a mic lol.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
No, hardly ever watch golf. Honestly, I have no idea who Rahm is.

I thought some years back, it was decided there would be a 3 minute delay on live sports ? Maybe I am mistaken or, it was a one-off thing.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Rahm is this golfer who whenever he hits a bad shot has a sailors mouth. I heard him curse his caddy with Eff bombs when he chunked one into the water last year.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I thought it was a 5 second delay after the Super Bowl Titty show and Dale Jr. laying out some bad words.