Gonna leave this here………/

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Very valid because for some reason any and every mention of rifles in the last 6 months to a year, somebody gotta pipe up with “ackley improved”. Kinda like when the 6.5 first came out, somebody always had to pop up saying their 6.5 CM was better.

This is all somewhat satire, but truth is most (not all) mouths piping up about ackley improved, don’t shoot or know enough about it for what little little they gain to ever make a difference in the performance of whatever gun they think needs to be AI’d……………

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
the only time I've heard Ackley was my wife's uncle tried to sell me a Savage Varmint in 243. At the moment, I didn't have the funds and didn't really need it. A few months later, I asked him if he ever sold it, and he said he was converting it to a 243 Ackley to take out west and shoot some sort of speed goat. I have no idea what it was and still don't know what it is. Y'all carry on.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Very valid because for some reason any and every mention of rifles in the last 6 months to a year, somebody gotta pipe up with “ackley improved”. Kinda like when the 6.5 first came out, somebody always had to pop up saying their 6.5 CM was better.

This is all somewhat satire, but truth is most (not all) mouths piping up about ackley improved, don’t shoot or know enough about it for what little little they gain to ever make a difference in the performance of whatever gun they think needs to be AI’d……………
The second part is mostly true but not the first. If I recall correctly the 6.5 Creedmoor sat dormant in sales/popularity for a few years before it caused a brushfire of fans and equal hate.

<>< Fish