Golfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Brandel Chamblee (The Golf Channel) JUST said that the "re-ordering of the OWGRs" will benefit Keith Mitchell, BECAUSE IT WILL ALLOW HIM TO MOVE HIGHER UP IN THE RANKINGS AND THEREFORE MAKE MORE MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS.

They're saying it right out loud......lol.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You keep inventing more and more ways to show just how uninformed you are about the OWGRs and the process for a tour to garner points for its members.

You keep hoping the LIV players will get ranking points they don’t deserve

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You keep hoping the LIV players will get ranking points they don’t deserve
That's a lie. Spoken like a typical leftist.

I ONLY want them to get what they deserve....by legal means...and via a merit-based system. YOU want them excluded by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.....solely for their association with Trump. Nothing else makes any (logical) sense. You can spin it any way you want, but you're pretty transparent.

Last edited:

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That's a lie. Spoken like a typical leftist.

I ONLY want them to get what they deserve....by legal means...and via a merit-based system. YOU want them excluded by ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.....solely for their association with Trump. Nothing else makes any (logical) sense. You can spin it any way you want, but you're pretty transparent.

You are wanting participation trophy points, very liberal of you. My thing in its current format it isn’t possible and you know it.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You are wanting participation trophy points, very liberal of you. My thing in its current format it isn’t possible and you know it.
No. I don’t know it.

And, who’s to say they don’t amend their current format, if the OWGR committee says that’s what they must do to garner points.

The difference between you and I is….you don’t want them to garner OWGR points…ATANY COST. You would exclude them, if you could, no matter what they did.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
No. I don’t know it.

And, who’s to say they don’t amend their current format, if the OWGR committee says that’s what they must do to garner points.

The difference between you and I is….you don’t want them to garner OWGR points…ATANY COST. You would exclude them, if you could, no matter what they did.

Not true but playing in a field of 48 people week after week versus playing against the top players is a huge difference.

bte0816

Eight Pointer
I do believe LIV should get OWGR points at some point soon.

What will be interesting is that they can't exist in a silo. If they only play other LIV members you won't know if their rankings skew high or low. At some point they have to play against players of other tours to validate their rankings. I don't know what that looks like. They either have to hit DP world tour hard and hope PGA players show up to those tournaments or we need to see some LIV and PGA guys occasionally in the other respective tour's tournaments. 4 times a year in the Majors won't be enough in my opinion.

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I do believe LIV should get OWGR points at some point soon.

What will be interesting is that they can't exist in a silo. If they only play other LIV members you won't know if their rankings skew high or low. At some point they have to play against players of other tours to validate their rankings. I don't know what that looks like. They either have to hit DP world tour hard and hope PGA players show up to those tournaments or we need to see some LIV and PGA guys occasionally in the other respective tour's tournaments. 4 times a year in the Majors won't be enough in my opinion.

They have to play in their 14 events this year which can’t garner points because it’s a limited watered down field. I believe there are several of the LIV players that could care less about the rankings.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LIV needs more exposure

Attachments

• 78A60CCC-5643-4232-AFA7-E2DFBCD5CB88.png
    78A60CCC-5643-4232-AFA7-E2DFBCD5CB88.png
    383.7 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.