Going West....

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
When you get home and she decides it time for more camper give me first dibs!

I know that was tentatively the plan as this was a test run

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
The DogHouse is performing well. Fridge holds cold 9 hrs site to site. Great heater. Awesome AC. Both gas and electric hot water. That holds fairly hot 9 hrs site to site too.

Tanks are small but they do the job.

I wouldn't mountain tow anything heavier with the frontier but it's been a real mild mannered combo so far.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Lite lunch in Indianapolis...

View attachment 93614
What ever happened to all those picnic pull-offs with tables and paths into the woods that used to be found all over the country? I guess the interstate highway system killed them off also, just like it did other forms of American life; kinda hard to fit that concept into a sealed off multi-lane system.

ezdemon72

Six Pointer
What ever happened to all those picnic pull-offs with tables and paths into the woods that used to be found all over the country? I guess the interstate highway system killed them off also, just like it did other forms of American life; kinda hard to fit that concept into a sealed off multi-lane system.
You still see a lot of these in South Dakota and Kansas

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They started calling them rest areas and they made them paths lead to enclosed bathrooms.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Avoid I 40 like its the

Bubonic Plague​

My son and I had planned to tow the camper to Glacier and Yellowstone for a month starting in August. Had everything planned out just like @Sharps40 then Yellowstone flooded and closed. So we’re changing it to Arizona & New Mexico in Oct/Nov. That has us on I-40 for like, 2000 miles. So what’s the story with I-40? Something I should know?

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
That has us on I-40 for like, 2000 miles. So what’s the story with I-40? Something I should know?

Probably because traffic sucks in Tennessee for pretty much the entirety. Knoxville through Nashville it seems like you are always with ten vehicles weaving around you just to be in the lead.

I’ve only been on 40 in TN, NM, AZ, obviously NC.

ol bob

Six Pointer
My son and I had planned to tow the camper to Glacier and Yellowstone for a month starting in August. Had everything planned out just like @Sharps40 then Yellowstone flooded and closed. So we’re changing it to Arizona & New Mexico in Oct/Nov. That has us on I-40 for like, 2000 miles. So what’s the story with I-40? Something I should know?
A few years ago we drove from New Mexico, to N.C. and all we saw was the back of a semi, the front of a semi, and the side of a semi. Anyone that likes that view, go for it.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hit a stretch of I40 in Arkansas a few years ago that was rougher that your average KS dirt road and it was wall to wall trucks like described in the above post.

I ran from home to Knoxville and Crashville last week heading to KS. I got off just past Crashville and avoided it in TN coming home. I did run it from west of Asheville the rest of the way home.